Plannin on a nice return, what to buy?????? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2010, 04:17 PM
Emergency Services

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking Plannin on a nice return, what to buy??????

Im HOPING on getting a cpl grand back on taxes and I dunno what to get.......heres what im considering.......

-Diesel Site's CPR fuel system
-Stage I's
-Water/meth injection

Ive looked around and I cant find the answer of.....will stage I's work with stock HPOP? and can you roll some coal with I's?

any other ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2010, 05:33 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

the stage 1's will work fine with a 15*, and they will roll plenty of coal, i was runnin stage 2's with a 15* and generic tuning and really had to mash hard on it to get it to throw a cel, also, i personally would do an intercooler before water/meth, then if your still not happy do the water meth, where are you looking at gettin your injectors?
Old 01-04-2010, 05:34 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I would reccomend the following

3 inch downpipe

stage 1 or 2 injectors

17* HPOP or adrenaline

Intercooler if you tow or you could do your water/meth kit

modded idm

CPR fuel system
Old 01-04-2010, 05:43 PM
Emergency Services

lookin at rosewood DIY kits.

the water meth will give more power AND lower EGTs, correct? whereas the intercooler will only lower EGTs and MAYBE a cpl HP gain, right?

deff lookin at injectors & CPR, water/meth seems cool (literally & figureatively). googleing more on water meth now........
Old 01-04-2010, 05:50 PM

THe water meth kit if ran at a 50/50 blend will add u to 40-70 hp. and lower egts around 200 hundred degrees. but i think with stage 1's and a water meth you will make too much boost for your stock turbo. When your turbo makes 40 lbs of boost with the set up your thinking its not good for it and i wont last long. I think the intercooler will help keep your egts down and your boost around 30 to 35 wich will help your turbo last longer last alot longer.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:04 PM
Emergency Services

i dont really have a problem with the EGTs now, i imagine i might with stage I's? I had talked to a cpl ppl and water seemed to me a good way to get some power & cooler EGTs......is there anyway to upgrade my stock turbo or just gotta get a new one? and then with more pressures, im gonna start looking at studs soon then huh?
Old 01-04-2010, 06:23 PM

Ya i think the stock turbo has a 1:1.5 ratio so when you put down 30 pounds of you are making 45 lbs of drive pressure wich should be around the limit of your stock studs.

You could go with a D66 turbo wich is a 1:1 ratio. So your only puting down 40 lbs of drive pressure. but most people get studs when they upgrade their turbo.

But you never know your stock turbo may last with the set up you thinking. Just try not to make of 35 pounds of boost to much these turbos werent meant to be push that hard.

from almost everyone i have talked to have reccomended an intercooler. Not saying you should get it over something else im just giving you ideas.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Emergency Services

OK, i AM gettin the money. i am for sure gonna get DIY stage Is and CPR. no water/meth, and ive looked into intercooler and Im just kinda ehh on it. my front end raplacement will make it a PITA to install and if its the lower sittin kind it wont get airflow cause of my bumper. I might look for a 17* HPOP, dunno if ill have enough for adrenaline?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.