95 F-250 Warn Manual hub conversion kit - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2009, 07:36 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
95 F-250 Warn Manual hub conversion kit

Guys,

I'm installing Warn manual lock-outs on my 95 f-250 which originally had autos. My instructions say that I need the conversion kit warn # 32721. I was wondering what comes with this kit, because my cap I have currently has 5 cap screws in it and the manual hubs have six. So what all comes with the kit to make this setup work? Pics are great too!!

Thanks a ton!!

Brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2009, 03:19 PM
Electrical Ogre

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The kit has new spindle locknuts and washer. They replace the Auto hub nut and stopper wedge. Get stock manual hub locknuts from a u-pull wrecker.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:51 AM
Premium Member

if your auto hub has 5 screws on the cap then you DO NOT need the conversion kit
Old 01-01-2010, 10:57 AM

but the new hubs have six screws on the cap. how does this work since the originals have 5?
Old 01-01-2010, 11:19 AM
Electrical Ogre

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
That is just the CAP which covers the hub body. You are replacing the entire hub assembly. RyanDamo is correct, the 5 screw unit should have the same spindle nuts as the manual, so no "conversion" kit is needed.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:16 PM
Premium Member

the whole thing that the cap screws into gets replaced and the new one has 6 holes. The 3 screw auto hub is the only one that needs the conversion since it uses a single hub nut instead of 2 nuts and a lock washer. trust me i bought the kit and ended up not using it.
Old 01-01-2010, 09:46 PM

Ya, sorry that was a stupid question. I went and looked at it and realized how it has to go together. I put the new hubs in and they didn't go all the way in to expose the lock ring groove. I finally looked at the directions and realized that the thrust washers come out and get discarded. Once that revelation was made, I got it all figured out. Orielly's took the kit back no problem. I went to order it at napa a few days ago and they told me that it was special order and could not be returned. O'rielly's beat Napa's price (low price guarantee on all parts) AND let me return it. Just a plug for them.

Thanks for the help,

Brian
Old 01-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Premium Member

no problem, glad they accepted it, the people i bought mine from wouldnt take mine back and now i got an 80$ box sitting in my garage. o well. Good luck with them, you will like them much better
Old 01-09-2010, 09:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Hey all im new here. Not trying to jump on someone elses thread but i have a similar question. I have the auto lockouts on my '96 7.3 and want to switch them to manual. Theyre 3 bolt caps but the hub underneath has 6 threaded holes. i noticed my fathers '96 f350 with manual lockouts has 3 bolts as well. Would i be able to pull the guts out of a factory manual hub truck and install it in my auto hub housing (the outside black steel part) without the new spindle nuts? What about with the new spindle nuts?
Old 01-09-2010, 10:42 AM

You can have the thread, I'm done with it . To answer your qustion, if you have the three bolt caps, they say you need the conversion kit. However, the way to know for sure is to pull out your stock hub assembly (pinch the metal ring with pliers and wiggle it out and the entire assembly will come out) and look at how the hub is attached. it should have hardware like this threaded onto the outer axle tube. http://warn.iwebcat.com/imgVD/WAR/32722A2-pn32720.pdf if it looks like figure four already, you have the correct setup. if it looks like figure one, then you need the spindle nut kit.
If you have the correct assembly already, then pull the snap-ring thats holding the thrust washers on the axle itself and remove that ring and the washers. I would reccommend pulling the spindle nut assembly off and repacking your bearings while you have it off, but thats me.
If you have the setup like in figure one, then I would go to a junk yard and pull the spindle off of a truck that either has manual hubs already or one that has the five bolt caps. they will probably charge you 10 or 20 bucks compared to 100 for the spindle kit from an autoparts store. None of the hardware is a wearable item, so a junk yard would be fine. If you need any more help you can pm me and I'll give you my number and can help you if you need it.

Brian
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.