Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Oil pressure at start up

805 views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  J77F 
#1 ·
Hey guys I've pretty much finished my diy efuel conversion, but I've found out my fuel pump won't kick on unless I have high enough oil pressure. So my question is what is the oil pressure at start up? My oil pressure cut off switch has to have 7psi+ oil pressure while cranking to kick on the fuel pump, which I'm obviously not getting since it won't turn on. I'm wondering if I'll have to order a different oil pressure cut off switch for lower oil pressure at starting since I'm assuming these have low starting oil pressure. I don't know everything I'm a self learner. So any help will be greatly appreciated because i needed this project done like yesterday. It wouldn't let me put this in the general discussion forum but it would in the performance so that's what I did. Thanks Jeff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Yeah you might have to get a lower pressure switch, I don't believe the LPOP is creating enough pressure at startup since the HPOP has a reservoir to start with, the LPOP feeds it once going.

#4 ·
That works, if you wanna leave the key on but pump not running, hit switch, start, go. I love switches lol, just not willing to hack the dash to install the panel.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Where is your fuel pressure at. I've heard these trucks run like a raped ape just above 45lbs and they can be kinda weird above 60lbs. I guess it's just finding the sweet spot. I need efuel with 160/30's. I can drop 40lbs quickly.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.