Fuel System - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 08:41 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel System

What type of mods are being done to the fuel system. I need to replace some lines and was thinking maybe some upgrades should be in order. This is a 97 F250. Is there a line kit avaliable? How many have done the super duty pump upgrade? is it worth it? Fuel Bowl Delete? Whats the scoop for the OBS. Or can any body just recommend a good line to replace the factory stuff in the valley with. Thanks for any and all input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2009, 08:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have done an E-fuel system for my '96 a while back. Used an SD electric pump, pre-pump spin on water seperator filter and a post pump 2 micron Cat filter. Used the stock steel lines to the heads and aeromotive regulator. Really liked the results smoother power and all way to Redline pulled much harder. I am in the process of piecing together a system for truck in my sig right now only using a 6.0 litre e-fuel pump. This pump has a filter, water seperator and heater in it all in one unit. thinking I will put in a pre-pump filter 20 micron/water seperator spin on and a post pump Cat 2 micron filter too. Using the stock fuel lines as I did on my '96. For info do a search here also TomS on powerstroke nation has a really good write up....

jrc
Old 11-03-2009, 12:30 PM

I have the lift pump leak in the valley of the motor and if i converted it over to the e pump i wouldn't have to replace that lift pump right? Also anyone have an idea how to do the fuel bowl delete on these obs trucks?
Old 11-03-2009, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Blue Stroker View Post
I have the lift pump leak in the valley of the motor and if i converted it over to the e pump i wouldn't have to replace that lift pump right? Also anyone have an idea how to do the fuel bowl delete on these obs trucks?
no u couldnt, but a e fuel can cost more. and u hyst take out the pump and put a plug in there.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

There are a few aftermarket systems (Airdog), and some of the vendors have put together efuel kits. Beans & Dieselsite have systems that look pretty good, but they are a bit pricey!
Old 11-03-2009, 03:17 PM
Shaking the Bush Boss

using the stock fuel lines...the most expensive cost is the pump and the regulator.
Cant rember all the parts and fittings, but.....I using a Mallory 5110 pump, 10 micron filter, 15 micron fws from wix. The fp is replaced with a freeze plug. Gonna have to fab a brkt for the regulator. Need the correct fittings for the back of the heads to connect the fuel lines to. Yea, its worth it!

Probably gonna swap over to 2 walbro pumps within the next 6 months.....130(?) each. If 1 fails, the 2nd will supply enough fuel to drive the truck. I would recomend a fuel PIS gauge on each pump, so you know there both working.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:41 PM

Im in the process of building mine. I have a SD pump a 12mic prefilter ind a 5 micron post filter from NAPA and the filters are both about 8" tall. I am running all new 3/8" hard line from the switch valve up. I got all the fittings on the heads converted to -6AN with custom bent hard lines. Then I have braided flex AN lines from the engine to the frame. Ive been building it for about 2 weeks and I have a lot in it but thats because I couldnt just buy a pre built kit.
I really like the idea of the 6.0 pump.
Old 11-03-2009, 04:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

The 6.0 pump I have has fuel heater (not all have a heater so check if you need it), water sensor. Also mine has a bypass valve that routes return fuel back into the feed stream if fuel is too cold, rather then back to tank. Not sure if all have this feature but for me I see an advantage perhaps, as I live in a cool climate in winter....

I think for the minimal additional cost I will put pre pump water seperator/filter say 20-30 micron and a post one probably Cat 1R-0750 both will be spin ons...

jrc
Old 11-04-2009, 05:28 AM

I wonder how to tell the difference between pumps with and without the heater? do you have the PN for your pump by chance? I may upgrade to that if I cannot find a decent heater for my system.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Hey Thad,
I will have a look at it to find the part number for you. In rooting about at my favorite auto junk yard for the electic plugs (as they are specific square waterproof ones) some of the wiring harnesses have only two plugs as opposted to three like mine. It appeared that the later 6.0 do not have the heater in them as I saw 2005 that did not have one. Perhaps ask the guys in the 6.0 forums they should know...

On my '96 I installed an inline fuel heater with the e-fuel system but never hooked it up, does it get that cool in Ohio? I can get you the name of product I had used, sorry, just can't remember off top o' the head..... it was a product used in Biodiesel applications....

jrc

Last edited by jcart; 11-04-2009 at 07:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.