who here has beaten a 6.0L with a 7.3L with a stock obs motor? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2009, 10:11 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
who here has beaten a 6.0L with a 7.3L with a stock obs motor?

me and my buddy race the other night and i beat him by 2 truck lengths, mine is 96 f250 reg cab 7.3L DI 2wd stock motor, injectors and turbo, 134,xxx miles, 2004 6.0L intercooler, cold air intake, just a 3 inch down pipe(nothing else) 5speed, ts chip, new 3.55 with a pos, 235/70/16, my buddy has a 04 f250 regcab 75,xxx miles, 3 1/2 down pipe 4 inch straight piped Sounds sick has f**k i might add), auto, 3.73 limited slip 4x4. i was very surprised because i know his is like 110hp more out of the box and he had a auto so he built some boost, so when he asked if i wanted to race im like your going to beat me so theres no point, so we lined up anyway and i ripped away to about 1-1/2 to 2 lengths he never got in front of me then we hit about a 100mph and he shut down and i was at about 2800rpms and still had more in it but i laid off because of my tires
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2009, 10:40 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thats awesome I believe you its just a hard thing to fathem, I beat a 05 dodge dually the other day through town then on the highway he had a little chip too, I'm a little suprised but the OBS trucks really do have some guts man!! good kill
Old 10-18-2009, 10:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Your buddy was either being nice and letting you win or there is something very wrong with his truck. There is absolutely no way your truck should have won over a 6.0 with an auto trans if yours has a manual.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:30 PM

after words he was like wow your trucks faster than i thought, i think i was more surprised than he was
Old 10-19-2009, 02:30 PM

Is your truck a cali truck? That's the only way it would have a chance. Still with the manual tranny from a dead stop a 6.0L with an auto has a huge advantage especially if he built boost like you said he did unless he was just spinning forever off the line.
Old 10-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Electrical Ogre

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've beat what I assumed to be a stock 6.0
Old 10-19-2009, 05:44 PM
BIG TRUCK, SMALL DRIVER

You must be great at shifting a zf. But i can see it being possible depending on the condition the 6.0 is in. My brother's 6.0 seems to get slower every time he takes it to the dealer and they reflash it. Its weird lol. I've never had a chance at out running him, but neither of us is stock. He has 4.10's and i have 3.55's and he just jumps out and leaves me every time. im going to hopefully have 4.88's before long and try again. I'll probably get stomped again, but its fun! Congrats!
Old 10-19-2009, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtspowerstroke View Post
Your buddy was either being nice and letting you win or there is something very wrong with his truck. There is absolutely no way your truck should have won over a 6.0 with an auto trans if yours has a manual.
i agree. he was probably just being nice. we want vids next time for proof
Old 10-19-2009, 05:55 PM

I have beat 3 6.0s and a 6.7 cummins...the 6.0s were stock basicly...well exhaust and intake and gauges and stuff...the 6.7 cummins was lifted 6in with 35s and had a edge chip and stacks....

I dont see why people make big deals out of 7.3ls beating 6.0s....the 6.0 is weak if you ask me...all our work trucks are 6.0s and they are just weak. But then again thats personal opinion. There newer and more technological. So yes...adding little things will make it badass...but if they updated the 7.3ls and made them all fancy they would blow out a 6.0 any day...ford just couldnt afford to keep the 7.3l cause they last to long lol. i got a buddy with 677 thousand on his.

Steve
Old 10-19-2009, 05:59 PM
Electrical Ogre

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97-Stroker View Post
I have beat 3 6.0s and a 6.7 cummins...the 6.0s were stock basicly...well exhaust and intake and gauges and stuff...the 6.7 cummins was lifted 6in with 35s and had a edge chip and stacks....

I dont see why people make big deals out of 7.3ls beating 6.0s....the 6.0 is weak if you ask me...all our work trucks are 6.0s and they are just weak. But then again thats personal opinion. There newer and more technological. So yes...adding little things will make it badass...but if they updated the 7.3ls and made them all fancy they would blow out a 6.0 any day...ford just couldnt afford to keep the 7.3l cause they last to long lol. i got a buddy with 677 thousand on his.

Steve
Uh??? 7.3 production ceased due to new emission regulations that it would never meet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.