turbo X 2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 09:54 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
turbo X 2

I got a 1995 350 and im getting ready to fix it up with a set of twin turbos im gona run a small turbo pushing a big turbo. Was wondering if you guys could tell me any of the other things im gona need to upgrade with this to handle it. And how do I get the maximum boost my truck can hold and still be safe? where to find the cheapest intercooler and turbos? and some of the little things that will maximize performance like, Boost foolers, whart kind of chip to run, maybe tell me some opinions on wastegetes. And do they make a stroked crank for the 7.3 because ive heard of them onthe duramax and some cummins.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2009, 07:45 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

not to be an ***, but if you have no clue about diesels and your asking about boost foolers and what the best chip is then twin turbos are probably not a mod for you at this time. it takes alot of supporting mods to handle twin turbos and you'd be better off starting with the basics.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:48 AM
wriott

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4fingers View Post
not to be an ***, but if you have no clue about diesels and your asking about boost foolers and what the best chip is then twin turbos are probably not a mod for you at this time. it takes alot of supporting mods to handle twin turbos and you'd be better off starting with the basics.

twins on the psd require more work, and supporting mods than the cummins and d-maxs require... do some research and find out everything you can about the psd. if you still want to do compounds then go for it... but do all the research you can
Old 09-22-2009, 08:09 PM

yea I know plenty bout diesels I have a degree in diesel tech and have been working on the powerstroke since it came out. i put an international bus engine in it when they told me i was stupid for even thinkin it would work back in 98, and I did it under the shade tree then drove to the ford place and laughed at them when they begged me to work there. I think I know my fair share bout diesels, its just the little technical high performance stuff that im a little new to cuz the technology is growing outrageously. Ive got a spare engine in the shop to build and fit everything on thats why im lookin for all this stuff. Im not a retard im not gona throw twins on a stock truck just gona get all my stuff lined up and get some opinions on what to put on and the order of all this technical stuff. and what yall prefer to be the best stuff.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:22 PM

id stick with one turbo if it were my truck, just use one badda** turbo
but if you really want two then, more power to ya!

i have seen some stuff on this site, but that all i know about em
http://www.empiredieselperformance.c...222&Itemid=109
Old 09-22-2009, 08:27 PM

the big turbo pushes (feeds) the small turbo...
Old 09-22-2009, 08:30 PM

well i have looked at the options for a while and discussed it with a few diesel engineer buddys and diesel speed shop buddys and we all found the idea off a cat engine in a freightliner we had in the shop. It has a small turbo that spools quik and run it into a big turbo that spools slower but produces huge boost, therefore the small one will spool the large one at low rpm's creating virtually no turbo lag and a very wide range of power throughout the gear. I really liked the idea and I pull ALOT and this would be a great setup for towing. These powerstrokes are just different than all the other diesels, one because they are international (ALOT OF ELECTRONICS) and two because they are not common rail injection. I was just trying to find out some of the little things I would need to help this monster setup to reach its full potential.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:46 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well i know if your going to do twins you wont get all you can out of them with atleast stage 1 injectors. as for tunning you will have to see who has the best tunning for your setup. Also i would look into running like a 6.0 powerstroke varible geometry turbo. That would be sweet on your truck and probably easier than twins and still good for towing.

Also if you do twin turbos i would look in to getting some head studs.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyd View Post
yea I know plenty bout diesels I have a degree in diesel tech and have been working on the powerstroke since it came out. i put an international bus engine in it when they told me i was stupid for even thinkin it would work back in 98, and I did it under the shade tree then drove to the ford place and laughed at them when they begged me to work there. I think I know my fair share bout diesels, its just the little technical high performance stuff that im a little new to cuz the technology is growing outrageously. Ive got a spare engine in the shop to build and fit everything on thats why im lookin for all this stuff. Im not a retard im not gona throw twins on a stock truck just gona get all my stuff lined up and get some opinions on what to put on and the order of all this technical stuff. and what yall prefer to be the best stuff.
ok. well what kind of hp are you going for and more importantly, what kinda dollar figure do you want to stay under? answer those two questions and i can start suggesting parts. I will warn you though, twin turbos are expensive. by the time i bought a hypermax H2E and had the turbo modified (larger compressor wheel) then bought a used tt kit (big charger and all piping) i still had over 7k in just turbos and mounting kits. then on top of that probably another 20k+ in engine parts, injectors, hpop, fuel system, trans, etc.

If your just looking for 500hp and a killer tow rig then that can be had pretty easy and relativley cheap compared to my setup.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:17 PM

I am going for 650 horses, the price Idont really care I have many connections on getting cheap parts. But I relly just want to kinda make a list of the parts I need then I can start balparking the figure. Im going to start with the basics on the truck of corse intake and exhaust, chip, that stuff but I have a spare engine in the shop that I am going to build and put all the major stuff on. So i am not looking to have it going next week or anything, I am going to take my time and make sure its done right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.