Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Down pipe?

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  mean97 
#1 ·
i am planing on doing a down pipe upgrade to my truck. I am looking to put in a 3in downpipe in. I have been looking at the different makers out there and I was just wondering what every one else is using. also I was wondering if anyone could tell me what the difference in say mbrp, bully dog, flowmaster, and bd diesel's down pipes. I mean other then mbrp all the other pipes run over 100$$ and as far as I can tell they are all pretty much the same.

PLEASE HELP!!

#2 ·
I can't say about other brands, but I have seen some MBRP down pipes not fit on OBS trucks with a manual tranny. I didn't have any issues with mine(AUTO) but you will still have to bend the firewall lip back on all brands.

#4 ·
#5 ·
Are they all made out of the same material? If some are aluminized steel and others stainless it could account for your price difference.

#6 ·
I think they're pretty much all made out of SS. The aluminized SS exhaust components are supposed to be more resistant to corrosian/ rust. I know some DP's are coated in something. (possibly ceramic) Supposed to help with something, not sure what though.

mike

#7 ·
im looking at a 3.5 dp that my friend had on hes obs. he told me it wasent that bad to put on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.