performance questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 09:32 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
performance questions

I have a 1994.5 powerstroke its the first year of the real powerstroke and its very high milage and Im ready to hop this baby up and im talkin big. just had a few questions. This truck was my dads and he worked the mess out of it for several years and now its mine. We replaced the engine with a 7.3 out of an international bus ( which back in that day everybody said couldnt be done, and definately not by rednecks under the shade tree) I still have the old engine which only needed injectors, ( just got the new engine cheaper ) and I want to build it up really tough. I was wondering if I could get the stock injectors rebuilt and souped up to maybe 200cc, and where would be a good place that wont killmy pocketbook. Also I was just wondering about a good place to get engine parts pretty cheap such as pitons, rods, crank, Maybe a stroker kit>???? And I saw on a website where you can get performance heads all the way to stage 4!!!! was wondering if maybe I could get my stock heads machined out that much??? please help trying not to go broke.

Also if anyone knows where to get a cheap set of ten lug adapters i got a set of 22.5 big truck wheels to throw on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2009, 09:38 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ok well your in about the same boat im in lol
i'm lookin at agkits.com for the motor rebuild and they do have over size pistons as well. dpp injectors sells a rebuild kit for injectors to make them 160cc for 250 bucks! or a set of already built for 750 with the exchange of the old injectors. i did also found a set of heads for mine cant remember where but they were about 450 a side if im not mistaken either way the rebuild process isn't all that expensive compared to the price of a new engine
Old 09-16-2009, 09:45 PM

dang thats what im talkin bout see im a deisel tech and i been shootin this idea for a while and I knoew you could build a cummins common rail injector but everybody told me u cant a heui style injector but i knew ther had to be somethin and the heads i found were like 4 grand!!!!!!!!!! but i guess I didnt turn over the right rocks thanks
Old 09-16-2009, 09:51 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ya no problem i spent about 12 hours today hunting for deals for mine i also have a friend who is diesel performance dealer tatdp.com check them out the site isnt up yet but the number is there ask for josh tell him jeremy sent you he'll help you out
Old 09-16-2009, 09:54 PM

alright im on the dpp website now. all I see is whole injectors, can I not just buy nozzels?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

scroll down to the DIY part of the 7.3 injector page i do believe they have nozzels as well
Old 09-16-2009, 10:01 PM

lol yea I see it now I really like the alliant bcode injectors rated for 5 to 8 undred horsepower im lookin to get bout 7hundred out of it. since I got the sare motor to build i got plenty of time to build it with minimal downtime on the truck
Old 09-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thats the bad thing bout mine i ended up havin to buy a little car to get me through the whole rebuild process
Old 09-16-2009, 10:19 PM

yea I just got to shopping and found an even cheaper place to get injector parts as big as u wana go its diy-injectors.com check it out. you can get parts to make your injectors capable of 500 + horsepower for 1500 bucks!!!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:30 PM

Where would I go about finding a crank, or a stroker crank if they make one, and a high performance cam if they make one. also where do I get a 17* hpop?, what does the 17* mean? or would the dual stealth system work for these huge injectors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.