i few extra hp - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 08:43 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to power wagon
i few extra hp

i was looking around and thinking about propane injection or a small shot of nitrous , i have a 1996 power stroke 250 000 kms runs awsome it has a edge ez chip 4 inch stright pipe and 6637 air filter and its a 5 speed manual. im not looking for lots just a safe non motor blowing amount lol. and no i dont have injectors yet, what do you guys think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2009, 03:33 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Personally, this is what I would do. Get gages. I would then upgrade to stage 1 injectors, (either new, or rebuilds) and replace the the stock 15* HPOP with a 17* one from a SD truck. That should give you better power across the spectrum, and to my knowledge, neither upgrade will hurt fuel efficiency.

Oh, and personally, I'd ditch the Edge EZ chip, and get either a TS or TW custom tuned chip for your truck.

As you can see from my signature, these are mods that I have planned for my own truck. (among a few others)

mike
Old 09-15-2009, 05:59 AM

yeah i would like to get a better chip but i got that one brand new for free pretty much i just traded my freind my old tires for it seams to work alright for now. and i forgot to say that it has autometer boost and pyro gauges.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:13 AM

I would stick to fuel upgrades, the bottles can get expensive to refill. I also would switch over to a custom tuned chip either with the setup you currently have, or if you do go put nitrous or propane on the truck so the motor is tuned for it and does not end up with a rod sticking out of the block.
Old 09-15-2009, 09:20 AM

nitrous wont do much with stock 90cc AA's u are useing all the fuel u have available anyways. injectors need to be next on the list
Old 09-15-2009, 09:49 AM
wriott

i second the custom chip and injectors
Old 09-15-2009, 09:51 AM
Interior Guru

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
And Ill make the third suggestion to it.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:45 PM

il have to look into some injectors and a new chip then how much of a differnts to a decent set of injectors ussaly do and how much are they worth roughly?
Old 09-15-2009, 02:56 PM
COME ON...ONE TIME!!

look at DIY injectors. they are good and cheaper, but if you want some really bad azz ones, go to full force diesel. Ryan Casserly build the dam best around hands down.

Oh, and yeah, ditch the edge. it will burn the trans up. you will see major major improvement over the edge with the TW or TS chip.
Old 09-15-2009, 03:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Derek@VisionDiesel Send a message via Yahoo to Derek@VisionDiesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by power wagon View Post
il have to look into some injectors and a new chip then how much of a differnts to a decent set of injectors ussaly do and how much are they worth roughly?
A good set of injectors can be got for a little over $500... they wont be new because its just a DIY kit, but in my opinion unless your life is at the track their is no need to NEW ones... My stage 1's give me tranny all it can handle, and with a custom tuned chip you have the freedom of controlling the injectors pretty much.... You can throw 25-125 horsepower at it with the turn of a knob!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.