Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Budget Time

753 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  f3fifter 
#1 ·
I am looking at budgeting for a 425-ish hp truck without studs. Would love to get torque near or over the 800s. Instead of a new truck I figured I would just build the sentimental one up. I've got a 4x4 96 f350 CCLB with 235k 35" tires, 2" front lift. Heres what I have started thinking to get me there. I want to basically do everything before getting head studs unless that is an easy operation.

Swamps 450hp tranny, since I feel like my trans is on its way out, Grandpa got it replaced around 125k and it doesn't shift all that great. I'm in Marion, Ar. 3hrs from the Swamps shop
Banks Intercooler
Beans E-fuel, open to other options like DIY
Swamps regulated return kit, open to options
Adrenaline HPOP or 17*HPOP
EPBV delete & WW2 compressor wheel
TS performance re-burn, who ever manufactures the injectors will probably do this
and thinking stage 2 Rosewoods (new 180/100%) but have them tuned down till I get a turbo for more airflow, have no clue what to actually get yet, just want to get one set of injectors then work up to their potential.

Have not heard alot of testimonies from people but the d66 turbo looks to be a nice upgrade for this..

budget without turbo is going to be around $8K

Thanks for any insight if I'm on the right track or need to add something

See less See more
#2 ·
I would wait for the KC OBS turbo to be released.

#3 ·
Thanks for the reply I think through doing alot of research I like the hybrid 200cc/30% or more likely 200% swamps injectors, and an s366 turbo w/ irate t4 setup. I am going to do the e-fuel and reg kit and get an intercooler ready to drop in with the turbo kit. I'm talking with swamps about getting my trans set up for this but I think this is a good point to get a solid 450hp with it tuned down a tad. I may need some head studs.. Then...maybe.. turn up for 500+?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.