LED instrument panel lights - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2007, 06:26 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to therealdgh Send a message via MSN to therealdgh Send a message via Yahoo to therealdgh
Lightbulb LED instrument panel lights

This weekend, I finished replacing all the bulbs behind my instrument panel in my 1997 F-350. I started out only to replace one, but once I got into the process, I figured I wasn't going to do this more than once every two years, so I went out and bought all new bulbs for it. If I never have to replace a dash panel bulb again, I'll be happy - but Murphy is always there lurking around the corner....

Does anyone have or know of a company that makes replacement LED lights for the type 194 and type 74 bulbs as used in the dash and instrument panel on 1997 F-series? Has anyone out there used LED replacement bulbs for these lights?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-18-2007, 05:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

LED Lights

Hey dose any one out there know where to get a tack moter for a 96 psd i an looking for a replacment panel for gauges and if anyone knows where to get a used pyometer gauge just the guage and not the wiring and if anyone can tell me who is the easyto get rid of wheel hop when you go to do a burnout would apricate the input thanks

Alex Miller
Old 01-19-2007, 11:38 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by therealdgh View Post
This weekend, I finished replacing all the bulbs behind my instrument panel in my 1997 F-350. I started out only to replace one, but once I got into the process, I figured I wasn't going to do this more than once every two years, so I went out and bought all new bulbs for it. If I never have to replace a dash panel bulb again, I'll be happy - but Murphy is always there lurking around the corner....

Does anyone have or know of a company that makes replacement LED lights for the type 194 and type 74 bulbs as used in the dash and instrument panel on 1997 F-series? Has anyone out there used LED replacement bulbs for these lights?

Here is one of probably many companys that make them

Super Bright LEDs - Miniature Wedge Base Bulbs

Hope that helps!!!!!

Later,
DEVLYN
Old 01-20-2007, 08:15 PM
Serving Our Country!

Check out this site.

TMI LED TECHNOLOGY: TMI Products Below
You can also find some of the bulbs in heavy truck dealerships. A safe bet would be Peterbilt- those guys love to customize. You'll find lots of neat gadgets in there too!

I'd really like to see how it turns out if you go with LED's, post a pic or PM me please.

Last edited by Vaquero45; 01-20-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 11:26 AM
7.3 tech, supporter

Or just try your local radio shack and fab up your own?? The downside is that you will not be able to dim them
Old 01-21-2007, 03:18 PM
Serving Our Country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordnut85 View Post
The downside is that you will not be able to dim them
I had not thought of this. We were going to put LED's in guage lights of a Peterbilt at work the other day then the driver decided to go with incandescent. Seems like the dimmer worked when we were trying it out, can't remember for sure. If you're interested I can try this out on another truck and tell you definitely if they will dim or not.

Last edited by Vaquero45; 01-21-2007 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 04:45 PM
7.3 tech, supporter

A normal LED will not dim, it's either on or off. They might make some that will dim and that would be cool to have
Old 01-21-2007, 05:03 PM

Send a message via AIM to therealdgh Send a message via MSN to therealdgh Send a message via Yahoo to therealdgh
I did go check out that site and saw they had some LEDs that would dim and others that would not.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:39 PM
Serving Our Country!

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know I've haven't forgotten about checking those bulbs. Been kinda busy at work, I should be able to try it tomorrow, will let you know part numbers and brands.

Rusty
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.