Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Seat Upgrade From too Benches in my XL

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  xjaddiction 
#1 · (Edited)
Seat Upgrade From two Benches in my XL

So, I know... extra cab front seats don't fit the CC... But, I got a good deal, seats in great shape, and didn't mind fabbing these up for the rear. Plus, they have the lever with the fold and slide option to get behind the seats.

For the front, I was picking up a nearly new rear bumper, when I saw these perfect gray cloth Jeep Grand Cherokee seats out of a '97. I always go look at the jeeps when I'm at pull-a-part. They are great, and I found an 2001 F-150 console, so I threw that in as well.

New rear bumper

See less See more
#3 ·
No. The height of the Jeep seats is perfect. The bolt holes for all the seats need to be re-drilled. I used Grade 8 hardware.You will have to use spacers to level seats out on the outside part of all the seats. I used Grad 8 washers for this for now, but will fab up metal brackets when I get the chance. All of the Ford seat belts work, the Jeep has them attached to the seat, I will just take those off, as I don't think those are as safe as having them attached to the floor like the OBS has.

The jeep seat brackets will have to be bent forward a bit to sit over the floor hump properly on the Ford. You will need to heat these up to do it or you will stress the stamped steel brackets and they will crack.

I think the hardest part was getting them to line up straight, and to make sure they were not leaning out. I spent $100 for all of the seats, and another $25 on grade 8 hardware. Took about 4 hours for the whole job.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.