OBS Reg Cab Speakers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2013, 06:18 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OBS Reg Cab Speakers

Looking to upgrade my speakers I'm my 1996 F-350 XL Regular Cab OBS. From what I gathered there are 6-1/2 door speakers (2) and 5x7 side mounted cab speakers behind the bench seat (2). Are there 4 total speakers our are there tweeters somewhere as well? Would like to know sizes, quantity, and if possible wiring schematic before making a purchase. I am looking to setup a nic, quality system where the speakers are amped maybe a shallow mount sub as well. Any help and advice would be appreciated!

-Nick
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-12-2013, 10:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by T0RCH3D View Post
Looking to upgrade my speakers I'm my 1996 F-350 XL Regular Cab OBS. From what I gathered there are 6-1/2 door speakers (2) and 5x7 side mounted cab speakers behind the bench seat (2). Are there 4 total speakers our are there tweeters somewhere as well? Would like to know sizes, quantity, and if possible wiring schematic before making a purchase. I am looking to setup a nic, quality system where the speakers are amped maybe a shallow mount sub as well. Any help and advice would be appreciated!

-Nick
You are correct, 2 front 6.5s and 2 rear 5x7s.
4 total speakers, from factory there are no external tweeters.

I have these in my truck and LOVE them:
Rear: Focal ISS 570 5X7" 2 way Component Speakers
Front: Focal Access 165A1 SG 6.75" Component Speakers (These required slight trimming of the speaker opening in the door because they are 6.75" instead of 6.5")
Old 11-13-2013, 05:44 AM

Thanks! Are your speakers amped?
Old 11-13-2013, 05:47 AM
CSP Resident Spooby

I have a set of Infinity coaxial speakers in my front doors (only ran about $60) running off off my 1000w Sony amp with a 10" Xplode sub, and a JVC deck with JVC speakers in the rear. It was pretty cheap to put together, but sounds great! Although I think I blew out the speakers in the rear lol.
Old 11-13-2013, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nine6stroker View Post
I have a set of Infinity coaxial speakers in my front doors (only ran about $60) running off off my 1000w Sony amp with a 10" Xplode sub, and a JVC deck with JVC speakers in the rear. It was pretty cheap to put together, but sounds great! Although I think I blew out the speakers in the rear lol.
I want to get Infinity Kappas, had them before and they are insanely loud. Have to be amped though, which space is going to limit me in a regular cab. Being 6'-1" my seat has to be all the way back.
Old 11-13-2013, 06:19 AM
CSP Resident Spooby

That is true... I'm 5'10 and have an extended cab so space wasn't a big issue. I don't know how much space you have under your seat, but I mounted my amp to the underside of my back seat to keep it out of the way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.