Power window and power lock controls broke, anyone know a good way to fix this? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
User Tag List

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 Old 09-16-2013, 11:15 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power window and power lock controls broke, anyone know a good way to fix this?

Hard to explain but the pics show what im talking about.

When i bought my truck, the power window and lock controls popped out of the passenger door panal. It seems that the plastic piece underneath the control panal that slides into the clip broke off with the screw in it and im at a loss with how to fix it. I don't wanna glue it and i was wondering if maybe anyone on here had a good idea on how to fix it. I can get the screw out no problem and re use the clip, but the plastic that slides into the clip is busted. Therefore, whenever i hit a bump or something, the window and lock panal pops out of the door panal. Like i said its kind of hard to explain what im talking about, but the pictures show it.

If this info is needed, its a 97 XLT F250. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0229 (1).jpg
Views:	110
Size:	75.1 KB
ID:	168809   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1181.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	168817   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6243.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	57.9 KB
ID:	168825   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8416.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	168833  

97 F250 ECLB
mxpowerstroke457 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 6 Old 09-16-2013, 12:03 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 114 Times in 110 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well if you don't want to glue the tab back in place, about your only other option is to replace the panel. Even if you were to fab another piece in for the clip nut to slide onto, the only clean way to attach the fabbed piece to the panel would be to glue it in place.
madpogue is online now  
post #3 of 6 Old 09-16-2013, 08:19 PM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 108
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
Well if you don't want to glue the tab back in place, about your only other option is to replace the panel. Even if you were to fab another piece in for the clip nut to slide onto, the only clean way to attach the fabbed piece to the panel would be to glue it in place.
Thanks for the response, after looking at the price of a new panel i think ill glue another piece in.

97 F250 ECLB
mxpowerstroke457 is offline  
post #4 of 6 Old 09-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Madison, WI
Posts: 3,698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Thanks: 4
Thanked 114 Times in 110 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxpowerstroke457 View Post
after looking at the price of a new panel i think ill glue another piece in.
Funny how that happens.... Yuh, the door inner panels are getting hard to come by, and aren't cheap, even used, when they can be found. Just count yourself lucky it's not the driver's side on a CC truck; bigger switch pod, different panel, even harder to find....
madpogue is online now  
post #5 of 6 Old 09-23-2013, 05:30 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 
95Hailey7.3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Colorado Springs,Co
Posts: 233
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxpowerstroke457 View Post
Hard to explain but the pics show what im talking about.

When i bought my truck, the power window and lock controls popped out of the passenger door panal. It seems that the plastic piece underneath the control panal that slides into the clip broke off with the screw in it and im at a loss with how to fix it. I don't wanna glue it and i was wondering if maybe anyone on here had a good idea on how to fix it. I can get the screw out no problem and re use the clip, but the plastic that slides into the clip is busted. Therefore, whenever i hit a bump or something, the window and lock panal pops out of the door panal. Like i said its kind of hard to explain what im talking about, but the pictures show it.

If this info is needed, its a 97 XLT F250. Thanks.
If I get the chance this weekend I can look and see if there is a grey interior power window and lock door panel at our junkyard and if there is one I can snag it. Message me and we can talk about it more if you haven't fixed it.


1972 Ford F100 5.9L FE Sport Custom Single Cab Long Bed 4x4 6" Rancho lift kit, 16x10 Pacer rims wrapped in Durango 315 75 R16.

1995 Ford F-250 XLT 7.3L PSD Super Cab Long Bed, everything stock, rims wrapped in Rocky Mountain Faulkens.

1994 Ford F-350 XLT 7.3L PSD Centurion Super Crew Cab Long Bed dual rear wheel, Alcoa Rims wrapped in Transforce H/T & Big Foot A/T
Young Gun, Proudly Serving So My Family and Friends can LIVE IN FREEDOM.
95Hailey7.3 is offline  
post #6 of 6 Old 09-23-2013, 07:39 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!


 
351fifty's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canton and kennesaw
Posts: 23,174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 34
Thanked 205 Times in 193 Posts
Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I jb welded that piece back in in my crew cab front door panel

-Kris-
2011 f150 ecoboost 4x4 323/452 on php dyno 11/16/13
1995 CCLB DRW 324K
2001 CCLB DRW 319K
Dp tuner infinity, exhaust, intake, chipped, tricked, and wrecked


Quote:
Originally Posted by marine5811
The stock downpipe in an OBS is flat because I'm a ginger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alberta 7.3
Finding a decent woman is like shopping for a used truck. You spend most of your time picking through the money pits, wrecks, and basket cases until you find one that you can tolerate
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJFLASH
Well at least you caught the loose bolts before they cause any damage. Nothing worse than a sloppy hole
351fifty is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome