Power window and power lock controls broke, anyone know a good way to fix this? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power window and power lock controls broke, anyone know a good way to fix this?

Hard to explain but the pics show what im talking about.

When i bought my truck, the power window and lock controls popped out of the passenger door panal. It seems that the plastic piece underneath the control panal that slides into the clip broke off with the screw in it and im at a loss with how to fix it. I don't wanna glue it and i was wondering if maybe anyone on here had a good idea on how to fix it. I can get the screw out no problem and re use the clip, but the plastic that slides into the clip is busted. Therefore, whenever i hit a bump or something, the window and lock panal pops out of the door panal. Like i said its kind of hard to explain what im talking about, but the pictures show it.

If this info is needed, its a 97 XLT F250. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Power window and power lock controls broke, anyone know a good way to fix this?-img_0229-1-.jpg   Power window and power lock controls broke, anyone know a good way to fix this?-img_1181.jpg   Power window and power lock controls broke, anyone know a good way to fix this?-img_6243.jpg   Power window and power lock controls broke, anyone know a good way to fix this?-img_8416.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2013, 11:03 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Well if you don't want to glue the tab back in place, about your only other option is to replace the panel. Even if you were to fab another piece in for the clip nut to slide onto, the only clean way to attach the fabbed piece to the panel would be to glue it in place.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
Well if you don't want to glue the tab back in place, about your only other option is to replace the panel. Even if you were to fab another piece in for the clip nut to slide onto, the only clean way to attach the fabbed piece to the panel would be to glue it in place.
Thanks for the response, after looking at the price of a new panel i think ill glue another piece in.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxpowerstroke457 View Post
after looking at the price of a new panel i think ill glue another piece in.
Funny how that happens.... Yuh, the door inner panels are getting hard to come by, and aren't cheap, even used, when they can be found. Just count yourself lucky it's not the driver's side on a CC truck; bigger switch pod, different panel, even harder to find....
Old 09-23-2013, 04:30 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxpowerstroke457 View Post
Hard to explain but the pics show what im talking about.

When i bought my truck, the power window and lock controls popped out of the passenger door panal. It seems that the plastic piece underneath the control panal that slides into the clip broke off with the screw in it and im at a loss with how to fix it. I don't wanna glue it and i was wondering if maybe anyone on here had a good idea on how to fix it. I can get the screw out no problem and re use the clip, but the plastic that slides into the clip is busted. Therefore, whenever i hit a bump or something, the window and lock panal pops out of the door panal. Like i said its kind of hard to explain what im talking about, but the pictures show it.

If this info is needed, its a 97 XLT F250. Thanks.
If I get the chance this weekend I can look and see if there is a grey interior power window and lock door panel at our junkyard and if there is one I can snag it. Message me and we can talk about it more if you haven't fixed it.
Old 09-23-2013, 06:39 PM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I jb welded that piece back in in my crew cab front door panel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.