Power door locks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 09:13 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Power door locks

Im installing rke in my truck. Everything was going good till I isolated the drivers door. With my power probe I can lock and unlock the doors. I installed a diode in the line for unlock to have driver door unlock only or all unlock. I can unlock the driver door only orthe whole truck using the power probe. But I lost lock on the driver.door. Even with the switch. Im thinking the diode has shut out ground some how to the lock motor for lock function. Any ideas? The new relays have not been installed yet. Anone have any ideas?

The probe was showing ground when lock motors not active and positive pulse to either line would move the motor. The install seems to be using the same triggers sstup as aftermarket kits. So far the truck has responded to every feature except this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2013, 11:14 AM

Guess I'm gonna install the relays and see if it fixes itself somehow.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:36 PM
Electrical Ogre

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
If you are doing a factory style RKE module, the switches send ground pulses to the module. The module then send power with the correct polarity to the lock motors. You shouldn't need to diode isolate anything, unless you are piggy-backing an alarm/remote start on top of the RKE.
The module has 3 output wires:
driver unlock (goes to one side of driver door solenoid)
Unlock all doors (goes to passenger door(s))
Lock all doors (goes to the "other side" of all the solenoids.)

OBS keyless entry (RKE) retrofit.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:27 AM

My donor vehicle is a 96 explorer instead of doing it how it is in the thread. When I hit the unlock button it is supposed to do driver only unlock. Again will open the other three. Seems like the truck may already be isolating the driver door and that might be what's screwing up what I'm doing? I dunno. I had to get the truck drivable pretty quick so I am kinda at a stand still. All the other functions are responding correctly. But the whole unit is pointless unless the door locks work right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.