Givin the CC Interior A Makeover... Need help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2013, 12:39 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Givin the CC Interior A Makeover... Need help

So I just bought a 97 CCLB 350. Before it goes for paint (body work mostly) I MUST have a decent interior. The way it is now is not terrible by any means, but it needs some touchin up. 1. Dash- not cracked or broken, just scratched a lil and well.. ugly/dirty. Replace or Dashmat? Anybody got experience with that? 2.Carpet (or lack thereof) Rubber floor, no bueno for me, I prefer carpet, best place to get it? 3. Door panels and window/ lock switches! Does anybody know where to look for these things? Junkyard is doin me no justice. I need some direction. Please let me know if you guys know where to begin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2013, 05:22 AM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
welcome to the ORG, have you checked LMC? and as far as a few scratches and dirty dash just pull it and clean it, the drivers side door panel and rear doors are going to be next to impossible to find since the crew cab with rear power windows was only made from 94.5-97, so 3 1/2 year stint and everyone else with a crew cab is looking for those colors too

good luck and
Old 04-25-2013, 08:32 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

351 is spot on with the door panels. i plan on running RC panels with switches for rear windows in my center console.

carpet can be found on ebay for just over 2 bills. my vinyl floor was 2 piece, not sure if they all are. i robbed EC carpet, cut it about 6" past where the rear vinyl section began and tucked it underneath. i have 3 young kids so i wanted the vinyl in the rear for cleaning reasons .

Old 04-25-2013, 08:40 AM

y not use a vinyl mat over the carpet, my wife has a very nice rear rubber floor cover, perfect for kids
Old 04-25-2013, 10:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks to 351fifty and JBRIXEN for the advice. And the RC panels w/ a relocated rear switch, genius. Let me know how you pull that off if you dont mind. The wiring would be an obstacle for me. Relocation of the switch, no problem. Makin em function... properly...
Different story. Thanks again guys.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
y not use a vinyl mat over the carpet, my wife has a very nice rear rubber floor cover, perfect for kids
should be getting my laptop fixed tomorrow, i will snap pics of what i got going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin&jokin View Post
Thanks to 351fifty and JBRIXEN for the advice. And the RC panels w/ a relocated rear switch, genius. Let me know how you pull that off if you dont mind. The wiring would be an obstacle for me. Relocation of the switch, no problem. Makin em function... properly...
Different story. Thanks again guys.
i cant take full credit for the window switch in the center. it was a 90's gm car thing. i am going to be modding my XLT center, getting rid of the seat portion and making a custom center console. wile retaining the arm rest and cup holders. really like the look and comfort of the factory center, but i have a 5 speed. so no one sits in the front center anyway.

smokin, i sent you a pm
Old 05-04-2013, 01:26 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

For anyone who may have read this, this thread was brought to my attention and just incase there was anyone else that hasnt seen it... Read it, even if youre not tryin to refurbish your interior. It'll make you think.. if not its just plain cool...

95 F350 Interior Upgrade

It was also brought to my attention that for some plastic breaks/ cracks. Liquid nails and epoxy might be the way to go if you just cant find replacement panels...
Old 05-04-2013, 02:56 PM

Use a regular cab panel and use your crew cab window switch Bulge, takes about 10 min to make the 2 into one
Old 05-04-2013, 03:37 PM

Are the mounts on the bulge the same for regular and crew brad?
Old 05-04-2013, 04:33 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
Are the mounts on the bulge the same for regular and crew brad?
thats what i was wondering, ive got 2 red SC panels in great shape. just the switch bulge didnt match up. they look to be i guess fused together with plastic rivets or melted together or somethin. so you just use shallow screws? is there a write up for reupholstering those that show s how to take em apart and put back togethere without totally destroying them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.