B Quiet Sound dampening - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Diesel Freak

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
B Quiet Sound dampening

Hey guys starting a thread for a sound dampening project I'm going to start on my single cab. All the materials I bought from https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...SpQ9BPz_oGXHnw I bought roughly 62.5 sq ft of the B Quiet Ultimate B-Quiet sound deadening materials - B-Quiet Ultimate - Better than Dynamat!! brownbread
And 13.5 sq ft of their B Quiet H Liner for behind the firewallB-Quiet sound deadening materials - B-Quiet Hliner
for the fire wall I'm debating on ordering some more to add layers but I'mk not sure yet I'll be giving them a call this week for some advice if I should use their composite V-Comp B-Quiet sound deadening materials - B-Quiet Vcomp under the B Quiet Ultimate

The reason for doing this is because I'm tired of having to turn the radio all the way up while cruising (probaply the reason theyre all blown out and rattling) and the road noise on long trips gives me a head ache I started by taking off my stack added a full exhaust with muffler.
I know my door seals are shot ( I can see day light through them ) so I'll be addressing those also later on too.
Just trying to get it quieter inside the cab on a reasonable budget say $500 and the headliner and speakers need work too but I'll fix those after the sound dampening.
Any advice is greatly appreciated since I've never done this before just looked at alot of pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 01:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I've always wanted to gut a cab and sound deaden it.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:22 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesilvas View Post
I've always wanted to gut a cab and sound deaden it.
same here.
Old 03-17-2013, 03:07 PM

I used self stick roof underlayment, like grace ice and water shield. Worked great, and cheap too.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:22 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Subscribed, I have been wanting to quiet down the inside of mine also.
Old 03-17-2013, 10:41 PM

I did my cab with Dynamat. It made a huge difference. I did both doors, the firewall on the inside, and up to the windows in the rear. When I spring for new carpet for the floor, I will lay dynamat down first.

Take your time doing it and make sure your panels fit the way they should. I got to take my passenger side door apart again and trim to make it fit right after I rushed through it...

Good idea on the door seals, their on my list. Someone tried to break into my truck and f'ed up the drivers side pretty good. I made it water tight with silicone but need to fix it right.

Replace your speakers while you've got it all apart. Anything is an upgrade compared to factory...

Nate
Old 03-18-2013, 06:23 AM
Diesel Freak

For the door seal mod what would work better buying all new seals or the door seal mod where you lube up some surgical tubing slide it through them to make them really bulge out and air tight? What size tubing is used 3/8" OD

And one last question what size are the speakers? 4x6
Old 03-18-2013, 08:57 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by yngbuck19 View Post
For the door seal mod what would work better buying all new seals or the door seal mod where you lube up some surgical tubing slide it through them to make them really bulge out and air tight? What size tubing is used 3/8" OD

And one last question what size are the speakers? 4x6
I'd get new seals and go from there.

Doors are 6" rounds, cab corner speakers are 6"x8" i believe.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:33 AM

6.5 front, 5x7 / 6x8 rear.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:36 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

If the product you are using is similar to Dynamat in that it has an adhesive backing, don't pay the bucks for their tools. All you will need to ensure that the adhesive sticks well is to buy a little wood roller from the wall paper section of a home improvement store. Probably less than five dollars. I cleaned all of the surface with rubbing alcohol and clean rags. Then as you apply each section, work over the entire surface with the roller. And just a utility knife and some of your wife's old scissors to cut the stuff. I put the original rubber floor mat over the top and then covered it with a carpet from JC Whitney. I used my scraps of Dynamat on the underside of my hood as well then put the factory blanket back in place.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.