Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

overhead compass light

900 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  MacDougall 
#1 · (Edited)
just got a nice 99 f250 7.3 less than110 on it
truck is in nice shape got it mostly to pull the boat.
the overhead light is really dim have to look straight at it to see what is says. i guess you guys call it the mileage computer and outside temp.
is there a way to make it brighter the light dimmer for the dash dont help ?
first diesel owned and of course the fuel prices are still going up.nice truck but long use to pull the boat with a short bed
:eek:hnoes:

is there a way to reset the mileage gauge it has been saying 16 mpg since i got the truck dont know if it is working right pulling the boat or not (checking mileage per fill up shows it is about right but do i need to reset it somehow to check it out?
thanks
been reading a lot of post on here a lot of stuff i didnt even know about i glad i luck out finding this truck but checking it agance what everything i read here i guess i got a good deal.
got her from gibson here in fl.

#3 ·
Not sure how to make it brighter or not, but for the avg. mile thing it is about right and only pulling a boat wont change that much because the boat isnt heavy enough to lower your mpg, so i don't think you need to reset it ( not even sure if you can). I used my grandfathers 02' to go to Oregon ( was pulling a large trailer) and after i got to Oregon i checked it and instead of saying 17 like it was it was down to 10 mpg so it seams to be pretty accurate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.