Gauge mounts for OBS (1995) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 12:51 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gauge mounts for OBS (1995)

Where in the heck do I find gauge mounts for an OBS? I want to put a cluster on the overhead, and / or maybe another cluster on the top of the dash and maybe then some more under the dash if I feel up to it....but am coming up empty on locating gauge mounts for this truck. I emailed dieselmanor and a few others and they all say the same thing...they have nothing.

I know I am not the only one out there to have seen this, so thanks in advance for your input.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
only thing i can get for the OBS is the arm pillars.... other than that i haven't seen anything
Old 11-07-2007, 01:02 PM

I saw those but wanted to some to go up high and out of the way. I looked over the console one for a newer PSD and it would not work, not sure if there are any that will fit from a dodge or similar.

if anyone knows it would be great...thanks!
Old 11-07-2007, 01:14 PM
7.3 tech, supporter

I have always wanted to play with makin a fiberglass pod for either over head or right above the stereo.
Old 11-09-2007, 06:34 AM

I am going to get into it this weekend, I will let you know with what I come up with. Fiberglass is fun, I have some friends who do a lot of work in it but I was really hoping for something I could just drop in and not spend a lot of time on.

I just finished with the tranny so I need to get the temp gauge mounted.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

U.S. Gear used to sell gauges and a pod that mounted on top of the coin tray area to the right of the dash. My brother had purchased one for his '97 when it was new. I've never seen one since...
Old 11-11-2007, 09:44 PM
cj41foleyisathief

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
You can mod a SD overhead to work with a little cutting here and there. The dash one that I have seen in the OBS was from dodge and you can get a SD steering pod to work with a little cutting here and there.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:34 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrothead96 View Post
Where in the heck do I find gauge mounts for an OBS? I want to put a cluster on the overhead, and / or maybe another cluster on the top of the dash and maybe then some more under the dash if I feel up to it....but am coming up empty on locating gauge mounts for this truck. I emailed dieselmanor and a few others and they all say the same thing...they have nothing.

I know I am not the only one out there to have seen this, so thanks in advance for your input.
I used a autometer 15002 dash pod for a dog ram. with alittle trimming it fits nice and looks good.
Old 12-03-2007, 02:54 AM

I have a overhead 3 gauge mount that attaches to the windshield metal trim piece. It was made by RockingS (Rocky Horn) who posts on TheDieselStop. He made them himself and they look great. He may still be selling these units. they are foam padded fabric covered with cloth that matches the interior and can be used as a single, dual or triple gauge mount.

Guys have posted the on dash two gauge pods for a SD can be trimmed slightly to fit on top of the OBS dash. Banks used to sell these for the 85 type cab style. They may work. Also has been posted the SD single instrument panel mounts can be trimmed to fit fairly well.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to cowboymafia
take yer ash tray out and get ya a peice of diamond plate and cut the wholes for yer gauges and put it in there..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.