Just got It...96 F350 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2012, 04:47 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just got It...96 F350

Alright Im new here, But not new to Diesels. I was a Ford tech for about 3 years and pretty much did nothing But Power Strokes. Im a Duramax Guy at heart...Dont Hate me....But no one can top the 7.3 Power Stroke. So thats why im getting ready to get me a 96 F350 7.3 5 speed 4x4 2 Door Long Bed for my eod of Deployment Present to my self LOL. Got a few questions. I Wanna restor this truck as much as I can, But its going to be a work Horse. I have a 05 D-Max for My Daily Driver. Its only got a 123k miles, And seems to be in Fair overall. Heres the Questions....Where can i get new Door Panels(Looked on LMC, Stealership?) The Seat, Ive looked around, I want a new Leather seat, What year trucks should I look at.

I Know ive got some rust on the Bed, But im pretty sure im going to go with a Flat Bed so Im not worried about it. And That stupid tail pipe is gone too.

All in all what do you all think? What Would you do?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2012, 06:19 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

first of all welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-06-2012, 06:25 AM

Nice truck buy the way.
I use lmc and a few bone yards around me to get parts.
Also this would be a good if you move this thread to the general disscusion it will get more eyes there.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:24 AM

Those interior door panels are getting hard to find, esp. the driver's side. What's wrong with yours?

Seat - a seat from a CC truck will bolt right in, but NOT one from an EC truck (thanks, Ford!). Good luck finding a leather seat in any kind of decent shape. Some fellas have installed SuperDuty seats of one fashion or another, but some fab is required.

Rust-wise, that bed is in better shape than most seen up here. You could probably sell that bed to a nort'ner if you go the flatbed route.

Nice rear bumper. And yeah, that tailpipe tip screams "High school".

Welcome to FTE. Lots to learn, lots to share. Good-running 4x4 5-speed is always a golden find.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpogue View Post
Those interior door panels are getting hard to find, esp. the driver's side. What's wrong with yours?

Seat - a seat from a CC truck will bolt right in, but NOT one from an EC truck (thanks, Ford!). Good luck finding a leather seat in any kind of decent shape. Some fellas have installed SuperDuty seats of one fashion or another, but some fab is required.

Rust-wise, that bed is in better shape than most seen up here. You could probably sell that bed to a nort'ner if you go the flatbed route.

Nice rear bumper. And yeah, that tailpipe tip screams "High school".

Welcome to FTE. Lots to learn, lots to share. Good-running 4x4 5-speed is always a golden find.
As far as the door Panels I was wondering if someone sold them so i could just have brand new ones, I dont think there too bad at all though. I will just clean them up and go from there. A seat from a super duty is what i had in mind out of a 2005 and up. I just have to save up some cash and start plundering the local scrap yards and get creative to get them to work. I agree the bed is not to bad at all And i have considered keeping it...But i sure do like the Look of a Flat bed though. I want to say that the rear bumper is off a newer F series truck. Im gettin the truck for 4500 and its got a brand new clutch so i dont think im going wrong. But thanks for the info So far.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:21 AM

Nice find! Keep the bed flattys are gay. Anything aftermarket on it? Get some gauges, if towing id look into an intercooler. Door panels is scrap yards i have 2 sets of immaculant eddiebauer door panels but im not sellin and theyre tan. Seat id go with a 40-20-40 or sd seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.