Starting my black interior - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2012, 03:11 PM
...kind of looks homeless

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
OBS Crew Cab Black Interior Install

So I hope I'm not jinxing myself by starting this thread, but I want to start the thread now so I have a place to post pictures, ask questions, and get advice. I'm getting ready to update my OBS Crew Cab interior. I'm going all black wih minimal grey/silvery trim. For sure I'm blacking out carpet, headliner, door panels, and seats and replacing most interior bulbs with their corresponding LEDs. I'm not going for a cheap-o ricer or high-schooler look either. (No offense to any of you high-schoolers. Some of you do GREAT work! Just a figure of speech.) I am also not looking for a tough-guy, macho feel. I'm a husband and a dad who just wants a nice interior without having to buy a new truck. I did my time as a United States Marine so I have nothing to prove, so no flames or skulls or no-fear stickers. I'm just looking to update and refresh what I consider to be a dated and worn interior look in a mature and comfortable way. I'll try to make sure and be detailed and pic-heavy. For now, if you have any pictures of OBS's with all-black interiors, post them up! I am still planning this, so I'm open to suggestions!

Last edited by marine5811; 08-07-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I am subscribing to see how this goes for sure.
Old 07-30-2012, 03:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

what color led lights are you going to do? i think blue would look awesome.. your truck lights inside are green as of now correct?
Old 07-30-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFordman87 View Post
I am subscribing to see how this goes for sure.
Thanks man! Hopefully I won't disappoint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormorgan View Post
what color led lights are you going to do? i think blue would look awesome.. your truck lights inside are green as of now correct?
As far as dome, map, step/courtesy, and glove box lights I'm going with white LEDs. With those lights my main concern is maximizing visibility and getting rid of yellow light. (I hate yellow light.) As far as instrument cluster and dash lights I'm on the fence between a few colors. As of right now I'm thinking you're right about the blue. I've been looking at a lot of Harley Davidson interior pictures and a lot of them have blue lights. I think it looks great. My JVC head unit and my gauges have about a million color options so those should integrate easily to whatever I choose. I'm hoping to see/post pictures of different interior light colors. If blue looks as good as I think it will, I might put some blue LED strips down under the dash and under the back seat for mood lighting. Just for the occassional date night with the wife. (Gotta give the truck the sexy limo feel. Haha.)
Old 07-30-2012, 06:07 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I like your white idea for the lights that actually need to be used to see things... have you seen this link before?

*PICS* Blue LED interior and dash light conversion

figure maybe that will give you a good idea of the process and also how sweet blue led would look!
Old 07-30-2012, 06:11 PM

[QUOTE=marine5811;3184247]Thanks man! Hopefully I won't disappoint!

I sure hope not lol but I'm sure it will come out great. I was thinking though if you put the newer Harley seats in it would look awesome too. But idk if your looking to do leather or not.
Old 07-30-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormorgan View Post
I like your white idea for the lights that actually need to be used to see things... have you seen this link before?

*PICS* Blue LED interior and dash light conversion

figure maybe that will give you a good idea of the process and also how sweet blue led would look!
Wow. Yep. That settles that. Hahaha. Blue it is. Thanks for the link!

[quote=TheFordman87;3184270]
Quote:
Originally Posted by marine5811 View Post
Thanks man! Hopefully I won't disappoint!

I sure hope not lol but I'm sure it will come out great. I was thinking though if you put the newer Harley seats in it would look awesome too. But idk if your looking to do leather or not.
I am looking to do all leather except Mama Bear's seat. She doesn't like the leather feel on her skin when she's rockin the legs. I can't afford harley seats any time soon, though, so I'm looking at some perfect fit seat covers or reupholstering my existing seats.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Your welcome. Will be following the thread for updates!
Old 07-30-2012, 07:50 PM

Hopefully I can start this weekend. I've got a fuel leak I've been chasing wrasslin' with so once I take care of that I'll start ordering replacement bulbs.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marine5811 View Post
Hopefully I can start this weekend. I've got a fuel leak I've been chasing wrasslin' with so once I take care of that I'll start ordering replacement bulbs.
Idk about the OBS but the Superduty 7.3 I heard are bad about leaking around the fuel filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.