captain seats swap - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 10:43 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
captain seats swap

i have a cc dually with a centouras conversion package. i have a huge wooden console and captain seats that look and sit like they are out of a van. i have trouble reaching the pedals, and the steering wheel is in my gut. so i put a add out looking for stock seats that sit lower.
i got a reply, the guy wants to trade me a set of 40/20/40 seats out of a extended cab with brand new ford upholstery on them.. my question is, will they fit in my crewcab truck?? i read that extended cab seats are different then standard cab or CC seats. why cant i just drill new holes and bolt the seats down with the original sliding tracks? these conversion captain seats are just mounted with nuts and bolts.. i cant wait to get most of this old wood out of my conversion van, i mean truck..
Attached Thumbnails
captain seats swap-082.jpg   captain seats swap-083.jpg   captain seats swap-084.jpg  

Last edited by j1mmy; 02-03-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2012, 07:41 AM
Full A-Team Member

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Wish I was closer, I would take that console right off your hands for you...
Old 02-03-2012, 01:34 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
hell if i were closer i would trade you my 40/20/40 for your seats and console, you can custom fit them, but your best bet is find a seat pan and bolt them to that
Old 02-03-2012, 07:54 PM

im not paying $200-350 for a bracket.. i have been to every pull-a-part and junkyard around and cant find one. most people just give me a confused look and say they don't have any thing over 10 years old. besides i think it might be cool having seats that slide forward for absolutely no reason. has any one put sliding seats in? do they share the outside bench seat bolts,and you just need to drill the inside one? are the castings there on the floor boards? these captain seats mount to the outside bench mount then had huge bolts and nuts through the floor on the two inside mounts..im thinking the seats i took out were made to mount to the factory holes,and i can just bolt the new ones in the same place.
Old 02-03-2012, 08:23 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

i got a seat pan and tracks i will straight trade you for the seat mounts you have for those since the guy your trading cant use those anyway
Old 02-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Are you taking all the wood off that trucks interior?

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
Old 02-06-2012, 10:42 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to Maverick1701
they wont fit (without some new holes/work)...CC/Single Cab will swap but EC seat bolts are different.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:49 PM

i took the wood console out,wood trim across the dash,wood trim off the doors, and a huge wood trim piece off the dash pad out.. i got the silver xlt dash and door trim and found a like new dash pad all at pull-a-part for $5. the truck looks so much better now..the only wood left in the truck is the roof console with the cb,radar detector,and mood lights in it.
the guy with the new 40/20/40 seats is supposed to bring them to me on Sunday 02/12.he has been busy for the last 2 weeks with the army.. im not sure what is going to happen with the seat mounts.. he would be better off keeping the sliding tracks and just bolting these seats to them.. i wonder what it would cost to ship the big seat pan here from cali?

im supposed to be trading all the parts from my interior for his stuff.he wants to turn his truck into a centouras package.i think they only came in crewcab trucks though? he has an extended cab. he is giving me a new set of seats ans console,used dashpad and the dash,door trim too. i just didnt want to wait to get it.. i found nicer trim parts at p-a-p for $5.. and didn't have to wait.. there is three tan 40-20-40 seat sets there, they are all ok looking, but all extended cab eats with the sliders..i have never seen the seat pan before..only on here. rite now i have my rear bench mounted in the front so i can drive it, they bolted rite in..
Attached Thumbnails
captain seats swap-152.jpg   captain seats swap-dash.jpg   captain seats swap-153.jpg  

Last edited by j1mmy; 02-07-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 11:56 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

i can find out soon if your really interested, it weighs a pretty good bit, and i can just bolt the seat tracks to it before shipping so as to make it one big peice to ship, i dont have a scale but i have a tape measure, and im only geussing at maybe 25 lbs

edit: did you sell the console with the seats btw? kause i would love that as well
Old 02-06-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
i got a seat pan and tracks i will straight trade you for the seat mounts you have for those since the guy your trading cant use those anyway
i'm not sure what is going on yet.. the guy is supposed to be here Sunday..if it doesn't go through or he decides he want to keep the sliding brackets(probably the best way to go anyway) i will defiantly get ahold of you. even if i mount my captains to the pan and get a console from pull-a-part i think it would work out pretty good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.