2002 F150 King Ranch seats into a 1996 F350 CC... stay tuned for progress :) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2011, 03:32 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2002 F150 King Ranch seats into a 1996 F350 CC... stay tuned for progress :)

Found a set of perfect condition F150 King Ranch seats from a 2002 F150 today and couldn't pass them up! Got the 2 front buckets, the front console and the 2 rear buckets for 1100! Didn't get the rear console, going to make a speaker box for one 10" sub to replace it so the space wont be empty. So far the swap looks like it will be pretty easy, well the front at least. I took the front bench out and test fit the drivers side tonight. The inside leg in the front will need to be bent slightly and all the holes will need to be re drilled, if you use the stock holes the seat sits a little to far to the inside of the truck. It looks like it will sit up just a little higher than stock, but that may just be how the seat was adjusted before it was taken out last. The seats have almost no discoloration like the older untreated natural leather seats do, the donar truck was not driven much to say the least!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2011, 07:28 PM

Seats are in, and if i would have had the proper bolts to begin with it would have went down in a few hours. Like i suspected i had to redrill all of the holes, cut off a portion of the front inside passenger side seat frame and bend a portion of the drivers side inside front seat frame. The rear seats were a direct bold in, the hardest part was cutting the carpet. I used L brackets to mount the front console, ill get pictures of that later.

Old 10-30-2011, 07:58 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
That looks great, if I had tan interior I mite try the same.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:09 AM

This is definatly the most enjoyable mod I've done so far! The buckets are a huge improvement over the stock benchs, and it looks better to. The power drivers seat was a challenge to wire correctly, and I still need to run the power and ground wires for the heat in both front seats, but luckily I still have a few unused ports on the power distribution block for my amp power open and it's right being the seats.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:51 PM
Delivers Pizzas For Fun!

yup.... looks great with the tan interior from what i can see in the pic. i guess the big question has been answered. F150KR seat WILL work and do look great!!! i have gray interior so i have been keepin my eyes open for a set of gray 08+ lariat 40/20/40 seats. big $$$$ tho and if i did find them it would just go on the wish list...... that goes on and on and on and on and on..............................
Old 11-01-2011, 12:47 PM

Are you a 15 type? (avatar) Seats look great. I have been wanting to do this for a long time for mine, but my to do list is pretty long.
Old 11-01-2011, 01:06 PM

I fly apache's with an army reserve unit from ft Knox, ky. Don't hold off to long on the seats, to easy and there are plenty of 150 seats on eBay!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.