Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

'96 Power lock actuators

1K views 9 replies 4 participants last post by  chromehound 
#1 · (Edited)
Trying to see if there are any aftermarket available. All the threads I found say use the universal model type or switch up to a diffrent year. Just want to see if I'm stuck junkyard diving or switching to the ones from a '97 before I start anything. These are for the rear doors on my crewcab.

#6 ·
Yes a lot of bucks. Makes no sense.
FYI, Mine is a late '97 and I went to Napa. The part I got had a different rod, however the body was the same. Got a '96 part and it matched.
So, I think you may be able to swap or mod the rod.

Also, mine had an alum. rivet that I had to drill out. Replaced with a 1/4-20 fender nut.

#7 ·
I just had to replace one of my rear one in my 96. I have a buddy that runs a stereo shop he got me a universal for 5 bucks. Took me about a hour to do the install

#8 ·
Yeah ended up all mine needed was a very liberal soaking in PB Blaster and some working around to free them up. They both work slick now but I did cut an access hole in the bottom of the drivers rear to get to the dang thing but hey I saved alot of $$$ - damn lying dealers saying they were toast cause they were to lazy to check correctly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.