"Hidden Eye" overhead console?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2011, 07:43 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"Hidden Eye" overhead console??

At least I think that's what it was called. It is........or was.......an aftermarket overhead console that had an electric trap door in the front that held a radar detector and swung down when the truck was started. It also had sunglass holder compartments and map lights for passenger and driver. It came with factory headliner matching finished sides and black plastic in the middle...........looked very OEMish. I had one in my '97. Want one for my '02 and did a google search but can't find anything. Anybody remember this part and know if it's still available..............maybe under a different name? For that matter anybody know of any afermarket overhead consoles available that don't have cheesy fake wood and disco lights on them?

Thanks, Pat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2011, 06:19 AM

You can get an overhead console out of a Bronco and it will be "factory." There are a few of them on EBay right now.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:06 PM

I found one today at the salvage yard. It is produced by a company called Private Eye, at least that is what the metal drop down bracket says. I found it in a conversion F150. This one only has the radar detector drop down, no other compartments, and it is made of real wood.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:51 AM

THANK YOU, that is it................."Private Eye" overhead console. With that info I was able to search on Google, found an old article in Motor Trend, and found the name of the company that I got my other one from back in '98...........Infiniti Marketing in Mound, MN. Unfortunately it looks like they are probably out of business.................all the phone numbers I found for them have been disconnected. Thanks for the info, at least I have a place to start now

Thanks, Pat
Old 03-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

does anyone know if an overhead consol out of an 97 or newer f150 will work in the obs?? do you gotta buy the wiring harness to? reason im asking is im goin to a junkyard tomorrow to look for one out of a bronco
Old 03-20-2011, 06:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Old 03-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I installed one from a '98 Explorer. I believe that '97-'99 are the same. Don't know about F150, but I did buy mine from a guy on a Ranger site.It needs to be trimmed to fit.

You need all of the harness including a section of the mating side, so you have the connectors. Also, get the temp sensor, which is mounted next to the rad on the drivers side.

I can e-mail a bunch of links that I used to help with my install. PM me.
Old 03-22-2011, 04:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Can you post the links here? I am contemplating that install. Pics of the needed pieces helps too.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Desert Rancher, that is an AWESOME collection of links! I still have a question though. Does anyone know if the 1995 F350 has the C299 connector behind the kickpanel on the driver's side?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.