Window Problems - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Window Problems

I have a 96 crew cab XLT and my main drivers side switch board is messed up i can control my window and make the passenger one go down but other then that i cant do anthing with them, but each switch will work for the intended window, i was wonderin if my switch borad was messed up or wat???? thanks for any info
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2010, 06:42 AM

ok im sorta puzzled... i have read this several times and your saying they work for their intended pourpose. So what is the problem? hehe
Old 06-08-2010, 07:30 AM

lol my bad it was late ok ill try this (MAIN DRIVERS SWITCH's ----->drivers- works up and down, passenger- only down, Both rear windows-cant control at all) and all the passengers can control there windows by themselves so its just the Main one that i use with all four of switches i dont think is workin
Old 06-08-2010, 07:19 PM

Ahhh that makes alot more sence...hehe... The switch units are really easy to pull out and work on... Was having a similar problem and it turned out to be one of the contacts on the back where the wire connected had broken off. Didnt see it untill i tryed to pull the connections off the back ( I just fixed it by soldering a short wire onto teh switch termanel and a connector on the other end so i could disconect if needed)... First thing i would do is pull the switch pack out and try to get it in a position where you can see and work on the botom side easily... Then start working the switches and test light to see if you have power at both sides if the switch when you trigger the switch.. If you have power on both sides when you use the switch then problem lyes elseware... If you have no power out one side of switch then the probelm will be internal on the switch... If you are carefull and do it someware where you can work easily like the kitchen table you can pull the switch apart and clean the contacts with some verry fine sandpaper and alcohol... 90% of the time this will bring them back...

Of if you want to shoot in the dark you can buy a can of contact cleaner and spray the heck out of it and see it that is enough to get them working again.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:23 PM

alright i pulled it apart b4 when i was puttin new speakers in and just put some contact grease on the contact prol pull her in the shop tommorrow and have a closer look at it when i get back from gettin a load of calves, thanks ill see what i can get from there
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.