Farm Diesel - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2006, 09:49 PM
I LIKE CHROME :)

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via MSN to power95
Farm Diesel

I was wondering if running farm diesel or died diesel will effect the preformance of the of the 7.3. I don't run it all the time, only when i need a little fuel to make it to town
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2006, 09:57 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to overl0rd Send a message via AIM to overl0rd
I run it in my 7.3 every once in a while, haven't had any problems. I think it might have a higher sulfur content than taxable diesel, but its otherwise the same.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by power95
I was wondering if running farm diesel or died diesel will effect the preformance of the of the 7.3. I don't run it all the time, only when i need a little fuel to make it to town
in the 7.3......it will harm nothing, i knew dozens of people when i lived in montana that ran it down the road...and a few that got caught...big fine....but NEVER RUN IT IN A 6.0..the high sulpher content eats injectors in them like candy......Marc
Old 02-12-2006, 08:01 PM

the thing that pisses me off about died diesel is u have to use it in off road vechiles. i think if u live on a farm u should be able to run it instead of having to go to town to fill
Old 02-12-2006, 08:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by power95
the thing that pisses me off about died diesel is u have to use it in off road vechiles. i think if u live on a farm u should be able to run it instead of having to go to town to fill
you can run it in any vehicle....as long as the vehicle does not drive....EVER on a city, county, state, or federal road......
Old 02-12-2006, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschn99
you can run it in any vehicle....as long as the vehicle does not drive....EVER on a city, county, state, or federal road......
when u r on a farm that has land spread out all over it is kinda hard. now the semi that is a different story, i dont think it has had taxed diesel in it sence it was bought
Old 02-12-2006, 08:37 PM
Premium Member

Send a message via ICQ to overl0rd Send a message via AIM to overl0rd
You can run it in any vehicle as long as you don't get caught. I don't advocate it to do as practice but I don't see too many DOT cops pulling pickups over.

P.S. power95, you ought to stuff a 302 in that CJ...
Old 02-13-2006, 06:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
I haven't seen them syphoning tanks yet....
Old 02-13-2006, 07:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99Smokin73Stroker
I haven't seen them syphoning tanks yet....
the hiway patroll refers to it as "sticking" the tank in montana because the device they use for the sample looks like a flexable eye dropper and is rigid ....so hench the "sticking"....but anyway i have been in 3 or 4 vehicles that have been checked and know dozens of people who have been checked....usually its because of a tank in the bed that makes it easy to fill the tank with off road fuel and then put it in the truck later.....but remember...the dye residue is in the tank for at least 5-6 tanks of clear fuel....it coats things and is visable for a long time...so its a pretty big risk.......Marc
Old 02-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to 99Smokin73Stroker Send a message via Yahoo to 99Smokin73Stroker
There was a thread on this topic or something like it a while back. I think that it's probably something they pay a lot closer attention to in the farming communities. There are a few farms nearby where I live, but they are very small and i'm sure that the land won't last long with as much as they've built up this area. I'm in the city pretty much so I don't think many cops if any at all know some guys may or may not be doing it. Now I don't doubt at all that they're checking trucks for it in the outlying areas especially once out of the 9 county area. There's a ton of land in northern Indiana used for farming. Maybe farmboy can shed some light, eh? What d'ya say Ogle?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.