got my exhaust done!!! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2006, 02:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
got my exhaust done!!!

Got my exhaust done this weekend! Man do i love the sound its got. getten rid of that stock stuff was the best thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-29-2006, 03:32 PM
Banned

congrats
Old 01-30-2006, 02:35 AM
Gun Nut

Send a message via AIM to Rodslinger
Good deal! What exhaust did you end up going with and did you leave the muffler and cat or get rid of 'em?
Old 01-30-2006, 03:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I'm just running straight pipe on it. i like the sound alot though...all my friends like it too. i live in arkansas so i don't really worry bout all that cat stuff u know. i do have a question though now that i have the muffler and cat out i was wondering bout the stock downtube is that sumthing that i should think bout getting rid of? and getting a aftermarket one?
Old 01-30-2006, 03:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAN7.3
I'm just running straight pipe on it. i like the sound alot though...all my friends like it too. i live in arkansas so i don't really worry bout all that cat stuff u know. i do have a question though now that i have the muffler and cat out i was wondering bout the stock downtube is that sumthing that i should think bout getting rid of? and getting a aftermarket one?
it would benifit you to have the exaust all the way to the turbo. if you blow through a tube thats 3 feet long and one inch diameter.....then one that opens up to 2 inches halfway down, and then a all 2 inch one, you will gain airflow each time....i would run the whole thing 4 inch and call er good
Old 01-30-2006, 03:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

well i've heard that if i go with a 4inch exhaust i will have to beat my firewall back is this true? and whats a good and cheap place to find a 4 inch down pipe or can my muffler shop do that work?
Old 01-30-2006, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAN7.3
well i've heard that if i go with a 4inch exhaust i will have to beat my firewall back is this true? and whats a good and cheap place to find a 4 inch down pipe or can my muffler shop do that work?
you would have to ask one of the guys who has done it those questions......i dont know about any of that.
Old 01-30-2006, 04:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Congrats!

Well let's hear it - did you go 4" turbo to tailgate? That's what I want to do. Can you tell me what kit/parts you used? can you post some photos?
Old 02-01-2006, 03:28 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

i took out the old stock muffler and cat and put in a piece of 4 in and then it goes back down to 3 1/2...its all i could afford right now. soon i will get 4 in from the turbo all the way back.
Old 02-10-2006, 10:59 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to strokenit Send a message via MSN to strokenit
you can get those downpipes off of ebay for around 100 bucks.........the only thing is, noone makes a 4" dp........the turbo outlet is 3".......you can get a 3" to 3.5" then to 4"........or you can just get a 3".........either way you will gain......the stock dp is 2.5" and flat........so do the math......i just ordered an AFE turbo back exhaust for my truck........its 3" off the turbo, 3.5" halfway down, then 4" the rest of the way out.......no cat, no muffler and a lifetime warranty for 314 shipped to my door........cant wait till monday when it gets here.....congrats and good luck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.