Good price what to offer - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good price what to offer

My roommate is looking at a 97 F350 DRW to pull her 30' gooseneck horse trailer. She's found one down the road with 184k, full 4 dr, body is in decent shape with the normal wear for a 97 and a nice size bash behind the left rear dually. Interior looks good for its age, that awesome red interior. There's a good oil leak, all over the rear of the pan and two tires need replacing the other 4 within 10k. Everything is stock except the exhaust. He's asking 9k. I told her that seems way to much to me and not knowing to much about those anymore I'd be a buyer around 6.5.

Can you guys give me some input here, I can snap a few photos the next time I am down the road. Also he currently uses the truck to pull 35+ foot 5er.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-21-2014, 06:49 AM
Serving Our Country!

I bought my '97 with 165k miles bone stock, no leaks, almost perfect interior and exterior and paid $5500, it needed all 6 tires, but that still only puts it at 6500. I would say 9k is way too much. I pull a 35' 5er, and it is hard on the truck, if he hasn't upgraded the tranny cooler i would be worried about how long it would last. Did he say why he is selling it?
Old 07-21-2014, 09:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalPwrStrk View Post
I bought my '97 with 165k miles bone stock, no leaks, almost perfect interior and exterior and paid $5500, it needed all 6 tires, but that still only puts it at 6500. I would say 9k is way too much. I pull a 35' 5er, and it is hard on the truck, if he hasn't upgraded the tranny cooler i would be worried about how long it would last. Did he say why he is selling it?
Thanks for weighing in. He is selling his truck and 5er. Not sure why. I will have her ask about the upgraded trans cooler.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:14 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Automatic or manual? How much rust is on the truck (and not just the cab/bed)? Specifically, are the suspension parts (spring/shock hanges/shackles, etc) and core support rusty?

Oil leak could be something simple, valve cover gasket etc (which will eventually leak down), or could be the pan or pan seal, which means you get to pull the engine. Also, confirm that it's oil and not fuel.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:02 PM

Too muck. REALLY NICE trucks sell for 9k

I would just walk away, it is only worth 4k in its condition
Old 07-21-2014, 03:17 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hell my 95 sounds better, walk away at that price bud, I'd be a buyer at 4500 maybe
Old 07-22-2014, 05:49 PM

Biggest thing is check the frame rail, spring and shock mounts for rust or how bad they are rusted, also check for wetness and smell around the tanks for diesel odor to make sure the tanks are ok.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:19 PM

Sounds like too much

I just bought a 95 CCLB with 100,000 on motor and 246,000 on truck, no serious rust issues and some nice upgrades for $4,700 and have put $1,000 in it for new rubber and brakes. that is too much around here you can buy real nice truck for $9k. Walk away unless cuts it in half!
Old 07-23-2014, 12:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Yea she did, we went out and looked it over again, talked to him on the phone a tad and he said he wasn't budging on the price. At least for not, so she is looking else where. I thought 9k was way over priced and you guys confirmed. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.