Just got worst news - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2014, 03:00 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Just got worst news

I just got the inspection report from the local Mr Tire state inspection in Mt Airy md and they picked the truck apart like they were trying to suck every dime out of me. Everything from a sticker on the windsheild, driver seat will not adjust (fits me fine), says that the tires are the incorrect range They are E range, no muffler( truck is quiet and has down pipe and ex brake), about 10 -0 15 other items. Worst is I have nice rims on truck with new Lt 305 70 R16 and they say that I need new rims and smaller tires that came on the truck to pass something like 225's what a bunch of BULL****! I sure wish i knew someone who could help me get my truck inspected, I use to have a friend who would inspect and have me fix safety items not a frickin sticker or seat adjustement, these guys here where I live are unbelievable, this stinks it took every penny i had to buy the old truck and tires and now this, unreal.I really do not want to wait till January when I can get historic tags but if I do that will be worse case scenario.

Maryland inspections really suck, unbelievable how they just want to suck every penny out of you for no reason!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2014, 03:51 PM

You know, if you hadn't spent so much money on the truck, the state would be able to take more of your money to redistribute as they see fit instead of you wasting it on a truck...

*sigh*

You should be able to do a lot of the work needed yourself, though. The sticker on the windshield & seat adjustment should be pretty straight forward. Throwing a muffler looking bulge into the exhaust shouldn't be too hard either, depending on how it's set up. Should be quite cheap for a shop to weld you up some flanges and a test pipe you can swap out for a muffler when needed.

Also, having a thread title to the tune of "Maryland Inspection Woes" or such would help get local people to answer you more specifically. You could also check with people in a local group out there - I'm sure you're not the first person to get harassed by the Maryland Motor Mafia.
The Following User Says Thank You to Syonyk For This Useful Post:
pk64f100 (07-09-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 04:33 PM

Thanks, How can i change thred?

Do I have to start a new thread with the Md state inspection woes or can i edit this one? Thanks
Old 07-09-2014, 04:44 PM

I'm so glad I live in a free state.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to daddyusmaximus For This Useful Post:
Heavy_GD (07-09-2014), kinnisoj (07-09-2014), pk64f100 (07-09-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 05:17 PM

Find a friend...swap out parts for a reinspection?
Old 07-09-2014, 06:29 PM
Premium Member

Don't know about MD, but WV allows two sizes above factory option on tires, Example my truck came with 245/75/16, factory option is 265/75/16. the tires I have are legal at 285/75/16.
Old 07-09-2014, 07:18 PM

I lived in MD the last 3 yrs and heard the horror stories of guys owning diesels there. Mines registered in Louisiana (thank God) but cant imagine that kind of thing ever happening to me. I'd lose it.
Old 07-09-2014, 08:23 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Wow that's pretty communist man. I feel very lucky to live in WA were I could just remove the cab and as long as I have head lights, turn signals, bumpers, license plate and a seat belt it's all good. It would be like a giant go kart
Old 07-09-2014, 08:24 PM

That's BS in my book

The Government loves too take, and give (too those who don't deserve it)

But you can't mod a truck in Maryland?? Thanks for the warning, I'm never moving there
Old 07-09-2014, 09:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Man that SUCKS. I would be in jail right now if that happened to me. So, props for staying cool. I thought my annual Colorado government screwing was bad. I have to have a dyno test here every year and a inspection for $50. Basically give us $50 and we look to make sure you have a cat and your smoke isn't too black.

I would move to a freer state. Lots of construction jobs here in Colorado. Your truck would pass inspection no problem out here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.