LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 Old 07-09-2014, 11:16 AM Thread Starter
Powerstroke.org Rookie
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Turbo Question

Ok there might be info out there on the question I'm going to ask but I haven't found enough on the topic for me to go try it out.

My question has to do with the turbo and difference between the super duty and Obs. I want to know what if any difference between the 2 center sections other than the mounting bolts,(Obs having 4 bolts that go in from underneath the pedestal and the super duty having 2 going from the top of the turbo.)

I'm curious cause if the turbine and compressor housing from Obs turbo will bolt to.the super duty turbo i wanna swap out the center section making the turbo easier removal and installation when I need to pull it.

Thanks in advance for any and all help.

97 OBS F-350 cclb 4x4 7.3L CCV mod w/filter, 6637 intake, 3" DP, 4" straight exhaust, Banks I/C, Glow Shift boost, pyro, trans, fuel pressure. gauges, diy e-fuel, Racer X eagle t/c, Derale cooler pan, inline spin-on trans filter, IDP bellowed up-pipes Soon to come- HPOP, Racer X valve body, Swamps injectors, Swmaps 6pos chip, Swamps IDM, haven't decided on turbo yet

2010 Supercrew FX2 Wifes ride
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 07-09-2014, 12:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I believe that the only superduty turbo that will work for that idea is an early 99 van turbo. There is a member on here who did it

95 f250 eclb 4x4 under construction
96 f250 eclb 4x4 rosewood stage 1 injectors, bully dog 6 position chip, 6637 air filter, idm mod
Sponsored Links

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode