Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Nicked my Auto Tran cooler line

901 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  richardi503 
#1 ·
Long story short, I was putting in my DE down pipe and exhaust and nicked my tranny cooler line at the fitting with the sawzall. Damn cobra head down pipe!!!! Any way I now have a spewing leak. Line was to close to downpipe for comfort any way. I was thinking of put a 90 degree elbow and going down about two inches or more and then adapating back to steel tube. Any suggestions are welcome. Thanks

#2 ·
Great time to update to the 3/8" SuperDuty lines maybe? Here are part numbers should you want to go that route:

Transmission Cooler Lines (SuperDuty 3/8”)
(Ford) Line F81Z-7A031CE
(Ford) Line F81Z-7A030CA
(Ford) By Pass Tube 2C3Z-7H322-BA

Hopefully the added fittings involved in a fix of the damaged lines won't add too much restriction. Cheers!

#5 ·
you probably know this but
if u need to drive it ? that line is the low psi side you could cut the hard line out and reroute with trans cooler hose for now untill you come up with a permanent solution

I would just dbl clamp since the hard line has no retention grooves

#7 ·
Mistake is now fixed. Worked quite well, let the motor warm up and retightened the compression fitting. No leaks added a 1/2 quart of ATF and ready to go. Thanks for the parts number for the SD lines. I am going to have to order them and install a larger cooler at the same time this winter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.