Irate Up-pipes Fitment Issue? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 06:27 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Irate Up-pipes Fitment Issue?

So I just picked these up a few weeks ago and got around to installing them this weekend. I had terrible fitment issues with the pedestal not lining up as well as the collector not sealing. Anyone else have any similar issues or am I flying solo here?

I did email Jake and got a 'we will look into it' response.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I had no issues with mine. I installed these on my truck and my brother in laws the same way with no issues. I did leave everything loose as I put it back together though. I put the pipes in then set the turbo in and just started the pedestal bolts. Then I started the bolts for the collector to the turbo housing with the gasket. Then went under the truck and lined up the manifolds and I snugged up those bolts. Not super tight but tight. Then I went back and tightened the pedestal then finally the collector bolts. Then I drove the truck a couple of heat and cool cycles and went back and tightened all the bolts again after everything settled in. After that no issues or leaks on either truck. I have been really happy with them.
Old 07-01-2014, 04:48 PM
the baconator

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i had an issue with the seal between the collector and the upipes. never got mine installed since they didn't seal.

wound up using different pipes
Old 07-01-2014, 08:19 PM

terryknight that was exactly the same issue I was having. I wish I had checked like you had before installing. I think I'm going to end up in the same boat as you and use something different.

Thanks for the replies guys
Old 07-01-2014, 09:29 PM
Premium Member

That's why I bit the bullet and bought the international up-pipes I didn't want to have to fight with things. I hate having to do things twice or even worse get started on a job and find out something wont work and your stuck waiting for the right parts....
Old 07-02-2014, 03:32 AM
the baconator

Quote:
Originally Posted by c69ss396 View Post
That's why I bit the bullet and bought the international up-pipes I didn't want to have to fight with things. I hate having to do things twice or even worse get started on a job and find out something wont work and your stuck waiting for the right parts....
it does suck. my truck was down for 3 weeks. luckily it was winter and i didn't need it
Old 07-02-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c69ss396 View Post
The International up-pipes would have been my first choice had they not been $800. I don't skimp for cheap parts at all but it was hard for me to justify spending that. Doing these once was enough for me. Twice is going to be a PITA.

Did you guys use an air hammer for the firewall or what was your method for creating space?
Old 07-02-2014, 11:26 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja9788 View Post
The International up-pipes would have been my first choice had they not been $800. I don't skimp for cheap parts at all but it was hard for me to justify spending that. Doing these once was enough for me. Twice is going to be a PITA.

Did you guys use an air hammer for the firewall or what was your method for creating space?
I know what you mean, I hear the Riffraff sets are sweet for half the price. If they were made/bent correctly you shouldn't have to clearance anything. Mine went in easier then my old ones came out...
Old 07-02-2014, 01:36 PM
the baconator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ja9788 View Post

remove trans = no issues
Old 07-02-2014, 02:49 PM
Premium Member

I'd say your almost better off sending them back, Like Terry did, look into the Riffraff set maybe?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.