Back in a 7.3! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2014, 07:06 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Back in a 7.3!

It feels.... right.

A couple years ago, I purchased a 99 F250 extended cab, short bed, 4x4, 7.3 and had it for a little bit. Things came up and I had to sell the truck. Luckily, I ended up making some money on that deal!

Fast forward a couple of years and many cars/trucks, I wound up purchasing an OBS Powerstroke.

She's a 95 F350, Crew Cab, Dually. With the lovely Ford Alcoa rims. Truck spent a good portion of it's life in Texas, so the body looks great, and there is no rust. Cosmetically, the dually fiberglass fenders need to be replaced, and that's about it.

I'm not sure how many other people looked at the truck before I showed up (it had been on Craigslist for a month), but I think I know what scared away most buyers. The idle was rough; it sounded like an injector was missing. Went ahead and took it down the road, it drove nicely, minus the super sloppy steering. I was lucky enough to have my brother's friend with me, along with his roommate; they are both diesel mechanics. I talked it over with them and they gave me a green light to get the truck and we'd run over to their house and run his diagnostic scanner to see what was wrong.

Turns out the number two injector is bad. The sloppy steering is a result of a worn out tie rod bushing. Beyond that, everything else seems good to go. I'll be getting parts ordered soon, and hopefully getting the truck into top shape.

We'll see what the future holds for mods, but as for now, I'm just happy to be back into the 7.3 world!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Glad your back on the right saddle. :thumbup:
Old 06-28-2014, 07:41 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Looks great, congrats on the new purchase, hopefully the need for the one results in the purchase of 8 stage 1's or better
Old 06-29-2014, 04:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucorey View Post
Glad your back on the right saddle. :thumbup:
Thank you! This is something I've wanted to do for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
Looks great, congrats on the new purchase, hopefully the need for the one results in the purchase of 8 stage 1's or better
Thanks! Unfortunately, I can't afford to upgrade all of the injectors yet. It's definitely on the list of things to do, but for now it'll have to wait.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:05 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HardDog View Post

Thanks! Unfortunately, I can't afford to upgrade all of the injectors yet. It's definitely on the list of things to do, but for now it'll have to wait.
When you get the that bridge, give me a shout and I can help you out. Or any other aftermarket parts for that matter.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-29-2014, 06:00 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Fwiw
Some places sell individual stock injectors

Power-Struck dot com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.