Fuel Bowl Rebuild - Broken Snubber (96-97 Only) - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2014, 07:33 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fuel Bowl Rebuild - Broken Snubber (96-97 Only)

I was in the process of rebuilding my fuel bowl with DieselORings Kit #6-002. When I first disassembled the regulator assembly, the plastic snubber fell out easily. I pushed it back in so I would not lose it. When I got around to cleaning it a while later it would not come out. I used a pick tool to GENTLY pry it, but to no avail. In the process, a couple of the tabs broke and it is still in there. So much for gentle...

The snubber in question is shown in the 2nd picture down on page 5 of Guzzles Instructions: http://www.dieselorings.com/docs/OBSFuelBowlRebuild.pdf

Can I leave this in there "broken" without trouble or do I need to track down a plastic snubber and remove the broken one?

To be clear, the snubber itself is not broken, just the "tabs" on the bottom of it. If these are critical to the function, then I guess I will have to admit the snubber is broken.

Last edited by roadanarchy; 06-06-2014 at 02:19 PM. Reason: Error correction: would NOT instead of would
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2014, 08:50 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

It turns out this part is just to remove pressure spikes from the mechanical fuel pump. Having the tabs broken off won't affect function.

If anyone else has this problem, I hope this helps.
Old 06-10-2014, 05:49 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Are you replacing the rubberized lines that attach to your fuel bowl? I pulled my bowl to get the hpop out and was thinking of replacing those little stubs of hose and hose clamps while its all apart but when I went to the parts store the guy there said that he thinks they are high pressure lines and the stuff he had wouldn't hold up. Called a specialty diesel shop to see if they had some and he said he thinks it max 30psi and any fuel hose should work fine…. shoulda came here first but do you know the specifics of those lines? the old ones are kinda brittle and I do not want to put them back in. Don't mean to jack your thread just hoping you'd know. Thanks
Old 06-10-2014, 08:44 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You can get the stubs of hose from Ford or someplace like DieselOrings.com. High Pressure Fuel Injection Hose that is rated for diesel will work too (it is readily available at most auto parts houses, 5/16" and 3/8").

Fuel Pump Hoses
(Ford) F4TZ-9324-BA (Black Hose, 1 required)
(Ford) F4TZ-9324-CA (Longer Blue Hose, 1 required)
(Ford) F4TZ-9324-DA (Shorter Blue Hose, 2 required)
(Aeroquip) FC498-06 (Blue Hose)

Cheers!
Old 06-10-2014, 09:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

thanks Patrick
Old 06-12-2014, 06:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I tried to remove the snubber when I had mine apart and broke one of the tabs. After I kicked myself in the butt, I put it all back together and have been running fine ever since. I do wonder if, in some manner, it might affect fuel mileage.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.