Any interest in a very tired 7.3 before I post? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2014, 05:43 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Any interest in a very tired 7.3 before I post?

Working on a deal on a 95 F-SuperDuty. Planning on pulling the eng. and trans if I can buy it right. Got a Dodge diesel donor truck that is rusted severely. Engine requires ether regardless of temp, runs bad until hot and still seems to have a miss,(could be DMF vibration but not sure), rear main out,clutch about gone, trans rear cover threaded hole bosses broken on several and leaking fluid. Bad gear noise in 3rd and 5th,(Not even good as a core due to case damage) Truck shows 125,000 but idled extensively it's whole life. Fuel filter has oil in it. Previous owner ran all kinds of waste home heating oil in it. I dont think the truck is worth fixing everything especially considering the fact that I have a powertrain waiting to go in. Worth ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2014, 06:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 977300 View Post
Working on a deal on a 95 F-SuperDuty. Planning on pulling the eng. and trans if I can buy it right. Got a Dodge diesel donor truck that is rusted severely. Engine requires ether regardless of temp, runs bad until hot and still seems to have a miss,(could be DMF vibration but not sure), rear main out,clutch about gone, trans rear cover threaded hole bosses broken on several and leaking fluid. Bad gear noise in 3rd and 5th,(Not even good as a core due to case damage) Truck shows 125,000 but idled extensively it's whole life. Fuel filter has oil in it. Previous owner ran all kinds of waste home heating oil in it. I dont think the truck is worth fixing everything especially considering the fact that I have a powertrain waiting to go in. Worth ??
Old waste heating oil? Lord only knows where he got that garbage from. But Learn something new everyday. I would start at like $200, after all the time you have invest in getting it going again.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:29 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I have no intention on getting it running. Pull it and sell for parts or leave it in a corner. Truck drives great and has great brakes and tires etc. The waste oil he got from the work he does. Converting homes from fuel oil to gas and/or old tank removals. Just curious to know if anyone locally needs this. I can put a 12 valve Cummins and the attached NV4500 in it fairly easy. Another old work truck on the farm is pretty handy. And nothing of that era will handle what an F-Superduty will. I just cant justify a transmission, clutch and engine repairs. If I can buy it right I will. Otherwise it will just sit where it is and rust.
Old 06-03-2014, 06:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

There is bound to be someone around here that can use parts off of this 7.3
Old 06-03-2014, 11:20 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I would love some but your kinda far, is it an early or late 95?
Old 06-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I will check tomorrow. I have not purchased the truck yet. Waiting on boss to show......

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-05-2014, 11:57 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Date on HPOP reservoir is 8/25/95
Old 07-14-2014, 06:45 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

I will probably post this engine/transmission combo on ebay with no reserve just to move it. It brings what it brings.......
Old 07-21-2014, 06:53 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Changed my mind. I decided why swap engines and transmissions only to also have to re-gear for highway use? I sold 2 rusty diesel Dodge trucks to have cash to fix this one right. Once I get the fuel system lined out the 7.3 should run for a long time. Also planning on upgrading clutch. One question has entered my mind. Is it possible to overload an F-Superduty with a 15,000 GVW and a 9 foot flatbed? I never will. Should make a real good firewood, scrap metal and mulch truck.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:19 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Glad your going to resurrect this beast, now make this the thread for it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.