Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
9M views 119K replies 682 participants last post by  wuntunearlybko 
#1 ·
Hey guys I figured us OBS guys could have a little chat thread where we can just talk about modding the trucks and anything else with our trucks, what numbers we are making, any questions, etc. and just kind of BS

and so Nick will stop derailing my thread. LOL just kiddin man

So lets chat!

#2 ·
Matt, I see in your sig it says 300hp. Didnt the dyno say 299? you just wanted to see the 3 number huh? lol 300 does sounds alot higher then 299.

#3 ·
hahahaha yeah it said 298.49 lol I rounded up a little but hey that was on my street tune I know she has a lot more in here just didnt want to blow anything up. lol but now that the intercooler is on I can dyno on extreme and really see what shes got

#4 ·
hahahaha yeah, I figure we should just have a thread now so we can talk about anything with OBSs and stuff and who is gonna get to what mod on the truck first. LOL
Good Thread :thumb:

I plan to do,

Near future:
Stage 1's
17* HPOP (if I can find a good used one)
Intercooler (if I can find a good used one)
Tires

Distant future:
Built Tranny (hopefully it can be distant future:doh:)
drop in turbo

#5 ·
Good Thread :thumb:

I plan to do,

Near future:
Stage 1's
17* HPOP (if I can find a good used one)
Intercooler (if I can find a good used one)
Tires

Distant future:
Built Tranny (hopefully it can be distant future:doh:)
drop in turbo
Thats a good list man, my list of mods (not sure how soon they will come) are

17* HPOP on the way
D66 turbo
BTS trans
upgrade to stage 2 or 3 injectors
electric fuel system

#10 ·
well guys i still have the same status on my truck, still waiting on the gauges to get installed BUT theres a guy that my dad knows whos brother is a farmer in Alvin who knows alot about ford diesels who almost opened up a performance shop and ive met him before, so i forgot about him but I remembered yesterday that he does this stuff and he told me if I ever needed any help with mods just drop by SO i think i finally got someone to help me with the gauges!

#11 ·
quick question

stage I's flow=160cc's
stage II's flow= 160 cc's

who can explain the difference in performance?

#12 ·
quick question

stage I's flow=160cc's

the difference is that the stage 2s have an upgraded nozzle

well guys i still have the same status on my truck, still waiting on the gauges to get installed BUT theres a guy that my dad knows whos brother is a farmer in Alvin who knows alot about ford diesels who almost opened up a performance shop and ive met him before, so i forgot about him but I remembered yesterday that he does this stuff and he told me if I ever needed any help with mods just drop by SO i think i finally got someone to help me with the gauges!
Nice that will be sweet

#13 ·
quick question

stage I's flow=160cc's

Its with the nozzles, Matt will awser it for ya.

#14 ·
dakotah, pick up this months issue of diesel power magazine, there is a step by step writ up with pics that shows how to install gauges on a obs:thumb:

#15 ·
dakotah, pick up this months issue of diesel power magazine, there is a step by step writ up with pics that shows how to install gauges on a obs:thumb:
I have never done gauges but I hear it isnt to bad.

#16 ·
I understand the nozzle is bigger, but if they both flow the same, how is one more powerful than the other?

#17 ·
gauges are super easy:thumb:

#18 ·
looks like ill have to pick that issue up!!! anyways like i said after that the injectors will be going in and then right after will be the clutch! now my question is guys, SHOULD I GO WITH A SOUTHBEND OR A VALAIR???????? im on the wall on this one

#19 ·
I have never done gauges but I hear it isnt to bad.
yeah they arent bad at all only took me three hours for mine

I understand the nozzle is bigger, but if they both flow the same, how is one more powerful than the other?
Did a little looking around and found this on beans site

Bean's Diesel Performance custom Stage 2 injectors flow the same 160 cc's but utilize a custom enlarged nozzle. These injectors are more performance oriented than the stage 1 injectors. You can still haul with your truck but custom programming is required to keep the egt's and fuel down when towing. The larger nozzle will allow the fuel to inject sooner and with less pulse width or timing. This will give better HP and throttle response. Expect a good amount of smoke when the engine is lugged and the chip is in a high position. These injectors are capable of 400hp at the wheels (that is and increase of 190hp over a stock truck with a chip) with the right supporting mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.