Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
9M views 119K replies 682 participants last post by  wuntunearlybko 
#1 ·
Hey guys I figured us OBS guys could have a little chat thread where we can just talk about modding the trucks and anything else with our trucks, what numbers we are making, any questions, etc. and just kind of BS

and so Nick will stop derailing my thread. LOL just kiddin man

So lets chat!

#97,421 ·
That's an old thread. Parts can be had cheaper at times. I got my hydro boost unit for 100$ lol
Yeah I think I paid $100 shipped came with the mc, res, and ps pump, I still need to install it tho :doh: another one on the shelf of crap to do
Where are you guys finding your parts?? Used or new??

John that looks great, kinda makes me feel bad about how I just threw my axle under my truck and bolted it rite in instead of taking time to paint and all,

Anyone have issues or know about sky jacker or super lift rear blocks, found some for a deal but do not wanna stack and look stupid in the mods show off section :poke, thinking I should hit up pmf on Monday tho, found a set of 37's to pick up in the morning for the truck and gonna do a 4" lift to fit (not a mud machine) just going for capability and looks tho, other than spacing the bumper a bit anything else I should worry with that much tire and only a 4" lift?
Which truck are you lifting, 250? Why arent you doing an RSK? PMF blocks will be used in the rear on the dually.

#97,424 ·
go to partsgeek.com, they blow rockauto prices out if the water and shipping is cheap unlike rockauto.

use promo code SAVE15 and recive 15% off orders over 300 bucks.

#97,425 · (Edited)
go to partsgeek.com, they blow rockauto prices out if the water and shipping is cheap unlike rockauto.

use promo code SAVE15 and recive 15% off orders over 300 bucks.
You are so smart Frank, I dont care what Terry says.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#97,426 ·
Where are you guys finding your parts?? Used or new??

Which truck are you lifting, 250? Why arent you doing an RSK? PMF blocks will be used in the rear on the dually.
Lifting the 250, and the springs were free so why spend money, what's the price tag on pmf 4" lift blocks?

The hrdroboost another member here pulled it from a jy there in my actually before he moved to Tennessee iirc, sold one to me, one to terry I think and kept one for himself, but I think he charged me like 40 over his cost and shipping, still a sweet deal, just sitting in the bed of the dually rite now too lol, need to put it in, I wanna find another for the f250, debating on just swapping the rear only for a newer 10.50 with disk instead of converting it

#97,427 ·
#97,428 ·
Damn, no one will know how cool I am anymore,

Will a 4" lift clear 37's? Or do I just need to go 35's and will 13.50 wide wheels fit 10" wide rims? Found 37's for $150 lol

#97,429 ·
I think your the only one who knows how cool u are anyway.....

#97,430 ·
Bruce and Matt know :poke, and Phil too

#97,431 ·

Will a 4" lift clear 37's? Or do I just need to go 35's and will 13.50 wide wheels fit 10" wide rims? Found 37's for $150 lol
Kris, yes on the 10" rims and with 5" of lift on mine 37" tire's would easily fit. Did you do the dana 60 mod on your 250?

#97,432 ·

37's will rub for sure with only 4" of lift.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

#97,433 ·
Volunteered today to help the mother of a friend of a friend of a friend (x~...) in the destroyed town of High River.

We had to have vehicle passes and clear 2 checkpoints to actually enter the authorized perimeter. Even the area of least damage looked like a war zone with massive trash piles on every front yard. The rodeo grounds parking lot had about 150 flooded vehicles in it that were towed there, since they were littered all over the streets when the flood waters rose and moved them around.

About ten people and some kids were working side-by-side for about 6 hours. We got all the furniture and belongings out. Drywall was torn out, along with the sopping wet insulation. Plumbing was capped off to the basement bath, as well as the circuits were disconnected at the panel. I found a patrolling utility crew and we have power restored to the house now.

I'm muddy, stinky, and tired. (No, that isn't a daily thing for me.)

It is going to take an insurmountable effort for things to recover. I will be very busy trying to help out where I can, plus a large workload doing electrical work on affected buildings.

Anybody looking for progress on the shortbox project will just have to wait until life returns to normal.

#97,436 ·
Well i did my IDM mod to day I cant tell a noticeable difference in the idle now im just waiting on the calk to dry be for i bolt it back up

#97,437 ·
Well i did my IDM mod to day I cant tell a noticeable difference in the idle now im just waiting on the calk to dry be for i bolt it back up
I hope yours lasts longer than mine did. I got a month out of mine after I modified it before it gave up the ghost.

#97,438 ·
did you go with a swamps or back to stock ?

#97,439 ·
I also think the o rings on my crank case vent have gone bad because i am leaking white smoke from between it and the valve cover . Does any one know where i can get new ones ?

#97,440 ·
did you go with a swamps or back to stock ?
I picked up one at a u-pull for $20.

I also think the o rings on my crank case vent have gone bad because i am leaking white smoke from between it and the valve cover . Does any one know where i can get new ones ?
I think I have some of those laying around. I'll have to take a look.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.