Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
9M views 119K replies 682 participants last post by  wuntunearlybko 
#1 ·
Hey guys I figured us OBS guys could have a little chat thread where we can just talk about modding the trucks and anything else with our trucks, what numbers we are making, any questions, etc. and just kind of BS

and so Nick will stop derailing my thread. LOL just kiddin man

So lets chat!

#85,822 ·
Theres a test plug on the drivers side of the trans. 1/8 npt i believe.
This port is just post TC so the temp will read high because of the TC. I run two senders and lines to one gauge but have a 3 post 2 position switch so that I can switch between the test port and the pan to get the best idea of what the tranny is doing that I can.

Anyone need powerstroke parts? Buddy of mine has a 95, e99, and an 01 motor. Hes shipping all aluminum 7.3 and 6.0 intercoolers to ur door $185 shipped, no pipes and the e99 spyder is gone
Only engine parts? What does he want for the HPOP off the '01?

#85,823 ·
Anyone need powerstroke parts? Buddy of mine has a 95, e99, and an 01 motor. Hes shippin all aluminum 7.3 and 6.0 intercoolers to ur door $185 shipped, no pipes and the e99 spyder is gone
Crap! I just had that much money but nickel and dimed it away on other stuff. :doh: That's a good deal.

This port is just post TC so the temp will read high because of the TC. I run two senders and lines to one gauge but have a 3 post 2 position switch so that I can switch between the test port and the pan to get the best idea of what the tranny is doing that I can.
So here's a question. If that port is supposed to read high, what temp sender does the PCM read? My pillar gauge is reading from the test port and my interceptor always reads ~40* hotter. Do you know why?

And that's a good idea about the switch, I may have to throw another sender in downstream of the cooler.

#85,824 · (Edited)
So here's a question. If that port is supposed to read high, what temp sender does the PCM read? My pillar gauge is reading from the test port and my interceptor always reads ~40* hotter. Do you know why?

And that's a good idea about the switch, I may have to throw another sender in downstream of the cooler.
There is a temp sending unit built into the valve body. That's what the PCM sees. The difference in temps could solely be because the sending unit in the VB is outputting in a different range then the gauge is designed to work with. Rule of thumb is to always match your sending unit to your gauge. I.E. don't use a Autometer sending unit with a Glowshift gauge.

#85,826 ·
There is a temp sending unit built into the valve body. That's what the PCM sees. The difference in temps could soly be becacause the sending unit in the VB is outputting in a different range then the gauge is designed to work with. Rule of thumb is to always match your sending unit to your gauge. I.E. don't use a Autometer sending unit with a Glowshift gauge.
That would make perfect sense. Some of the temps that Interceptor has displayed could be accurate but on the high end I'm just not sure. It has put me in a place where I may as well not have a temp gauge because I don't know which to believe.

#85,827 ·
Get an infrared temp gun and hit the lines coming out of the tranny. It'll show you how far off the gauges are.

#85,830 ·
Got some work done on the tractor today, Grill/radiator is on and about to be plumbed in. Cant find the damn clutch handle for it so I may just make one right quick to get it rolling/running. Tires are drained but now the old man and I are in a battle. He wants to take the wheels off and clean/paint. I want to keep the thing mobile and make it run so its out of my way

#85,831 ·
#85,832 ·
Got some work done on the tractor today, Grill/radiator is on and about to be plumbed in. Cant find the damn clutch handle for it so I may just make one right quick to get it rolling/running. Tires are drained but now the old man and I are in a battle. He wants to take the wheels off and clean/paint. I want to keep the thing mobile and make it run so its out of my way
ive had this battle b4... been on both sides too

#85,833 ·
ive had this battle b4... been on both sides too
I've been there befor too I just got my owen shop it's easier. :hehe:

#85,834 ·
im trying..... every time i get a little saved up to start... BOOM $2000 bill on something

#85,835 ·
Trust me I know that I got my house and took out an extra $10,000 to bild my pole barn. Befor i could My septic system went bad and between the tree removal and the need to do a mound system ate all my and then some money the some a lot of some. And that's why after four years it's still not done. It's up but not finshed.

#85,836 ·
jordon do you just have the motors? i am looking for an XL tailgate and a front bumper - that goes for anyone

Oh and apparently the sh!t that busted my grill was trying to get the grill out to steal my head lights. Looks like they tried to break my head light assembly out and I'm assuming to get to my bulbs (they are the super white ones). The grill sides of the plastic are cracked on both head lights
rat bastards

the old man and I are in a battle.
been there done that, i bet just about everyone on the forum has been

im trying..... every time i get a little saved up to start... BOOM $2000 bill on something
what did you buy recently?

i got quoted $500 just to open my gun safe. so i loaded it in a trailer and brought it to the shop and tomorrow i am cutting the SOB open

#85,838 ·
what did you buy recently?

i got quoted $500 just to open my gun safe. so i loaded it in a trailer and brought it to the shop and tomorrow i am cutting the SOB open
still looking for an insert and got to line the chinney, got a good price on a hearth stove (2200) best of both worlds insert and wood stove wise. but still trying to find one used, not going well.

plasma cutter or torch?

#85,839 ·
i wish i had a plasma cutter, it is i think 1/4" steel 1" of concrete probably reenforced and then another 1/4" steel, and the safe is full of guns and ammo, can't get it too hot i am thinking die grinder and cutting the bottom out so i can weld it back in

#85,840 ·
Roll the tractor outside and block it up, then take off the wheels. This way the damn tractor is out of the way and he can just roll the wheels into the shop when he wants to piss around with them. If he's like most people, the tractor will be wasting space wheel-less all winter because he will lose motivation.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.