Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
9M views 119K replies 682 participants last post by  wuntunearlybko 
#1 ·
Hey guys I figured us OBS guys could have a little chat thread where we can just talk about modding the trucks and anything else with our trucks, what numbers we are making, any questions, etc. and just kind of BS

and so Nick will stop derailing my thread. LOL just kiddin man

So lets chat!

#80,901 ·
Those dodge mirrors are gaining momentum on here getting slapped on our obs rigs, looks good tho Joe

#80,902 ·

Twin turbo, I just wish it had a sun roof and navigation

#80,904 ·

Sweet ride bro. Ok so I just got back from ER. Was trying to drill out bolt that broke off in water pump. Well drill bit broke and drill with what was left of the bit proceeded to ram into my stomach with the drill still goin. So I basically just stabbed and drilled myself in the stomach with a drill and broken drill bit. I'm not a happy camper right now

Sent from my retarded apple device

#80,905 ·
Wait where is your PSD?

I've gotten all the parts I need for the disc brake rear conversion with eseries parts, sans rotor and flange. I'm getting cold feet I think because I really don't want to eff up my axle.
Talk to me man, i did the swap but with different parts. I wanna know how it works with E series stuff

Sweet ride bro. Ok so I just got back from ER. Was trying to drill out bolt that broke off in water pump. Well drill bit broke and drill with what was left of the bit proceeded to ram into my stomach with the drill still goin. So I basically just stabbed and drilled myself in the stomach with a drill and broken drill bit. I'm not a happy camper right now

jesus h man, glad you are still alive and kickin. Did it do an real damage or just a flesh wound?

#80,906 ·
Nice truck. so no more mustang? you should have had a package waiting for you. did you get it?

Wait where is your PSD?

I've gotten all the parts I need for the disc brake rear conversion with eseries parts, sans rotor and flange. I'm getting cold feet I think because I really don't want to eff up my axle.
i think it's in AZ with a hub welded to a spindle.

don't worry about it. Sterlings are fairly easy to find and about $200 ish around here

no good man

#80,907 ·
Erik, PSD is in New Mexico, I need to tow it home now,
Matt holy crap, glad your ok enough to tell us what happened and your back home, hope you can get some help finishing that one,

#80,909 ·
Terry yes I got it yesterday, haven't opened it yet but thanks a million for hooking me up, got my hydroboost brake set up setting next to my intercooler set up in my living room, and my Dana 60 complete in Oklahoma at my cousins house, and my truck is in new Mexico, so it will be a sweet rig if I could get all of it in the same state, and yes hub welded to spindle, no bearings.

#80,910 ·
Talk to me man, i did the swap but with different parts. I wanna know how it works with E series stuff

jesus h man, glad you are still alive and kickin. Did it do an real damage or just a flesh wound?
Custom made flange (easier than getting the flange off the eseries axle).

Get the backing plates/park brake setup., calipers (from sd or van), caliper brackets, new brake hoses, and e brake cables.

Pull hub, pull axle, pull drum off, remove sterling flange, grind the weld from the previous flange smooth as best you can. Slide on new flange make it go 15* cant left side (for caliper mounting), 33* right side (for caliper mounting and bleeding). Weld it (certain distance from spindle. Put backing plate on, grind it a bit to fit the hub.

Install rotors, calipers, hoses. Attach e brake setup. Bleed and bam, disc brake 8x6.5 rears!

Its pretty easy except for mounting the flange. That has to be perfect for rotor centering in the caliper, and the ability to bleed the calipers.

#80,911 ·
Don't feel like quoting but yea I'm ok. Wasn't but about inch and a half of the bit left but it left a hole and chewed the skin in the hole pretty good. Bled like hell and scared the **** out of us.

#80,912 ·
Sounds rough bro, and that disk conversion sounds difficult,

#80,913 ·
Its really not, but its hard for me. I've got no welder. I'd rather not pull my axle from the truck, and even if I did I don't have a second vehicle to transport it 30 miles to town. No mobile welders want to handle it. So I guess I'm gonna buy a welder. Once the flange is on there, it pretty much is gravy. Its just the back spacing/angle of the bolt holes that is important. Plus one has to make damn sure that they are a good welder because a 10k pound panic stop would sure test it lol.

#80,914 ·

Glad to hear you are alright, but i have to ask, how in the HELL did you manage to do that??? :confused:

#80,916 ·
Erik, PSD is in New Mexico, I need to tow it home now,
Matt holy crap, glad your ok enough to tell us what happened and your back home, hope you can get some help finishing that one,
Terry yes I got it yesterday, haven't opened it yet but thanks a million for hooking me up, got my hydroboost brake set up setting next to my intercooler set up in my living room, and my Dana 60 complete in Oklahoma at my cousins house, and my truck is in new Mexico, so it will be a sweet rig if I could get all of it in the same state, and yes hub welded to spindle, no bearings.
can't you fix it there. pop a spindle/hub off you D60 and use it. or swap the 60 in there? i think that maybe easier.

sure thing. i got my hyrdoboost from justyn too. won't install it till i get back from UT though.

i agree i think i will stick with the kits or get a sd axle and drilling the hubs to fit a 8x6.5 rotor and rim

#80,917 ·
I still say that those Dodge mirrors have as much business on a OBS Ford as yoga pants have on a fat chick...my .02

Terry, I get better mileage and better road manners out of 285s than anything else. ESPECIALLY better than 235s. 285s just seem to hit my truck's happy place.

#80,918 ·
I still think that would be bothersome Joe. But your also in a reg cab, might be better for an X-cab

Not Bad Kris. and factory nav sucks.

Holy ****, glad your alright

I still say that those Dodge mirrors have as much business on a OBS Ford as yoga pants have on a fat chick...my .02

Terry, I get better mileage and better road manners out of 285s than anything else. ESPECIALLY better than 235s. 285s just seem to hit my truck's happy place.

And to cure any bloody eys.

#80,919 ·
JJ just thinking that 235s are 1 3/4 inches narrower than 285s smaller contact patch = less rolling resistance. smaller diameter = slightly higher rpms. if i had a set of 255/85 i would use them but alas i don't

chip dind;t come in today :( but is scheduled to be here tomorrow :evillol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.