Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
9M views 119K replies 682 participants last post by  wuntunearlybko 
#1 ·
Hey guys I figured us OBS guys could have a little chat thread where we can just talk about modding the trucks and anything else with our trucks, what numbers we are making, any questions, etc. and just kind of BS

and so Nick will stop derailing my thread. LOL just kiddin man

So lets chat!

#117,941 ·
I didn't mean fading away with the public. They are as popular and sought after as ever here too.

Reactions: Corey@CNCFAB
#117,942 ·
Afternoon gents, what's the skinny on hpops these days. My SRP is going out and I need a replacement before it dies. Stealth doesn't seem to have a website anymore. Neither does Terminator Engineering. I can buy their products through venders but not through them anymore. Looking at an Adrenaline right now but it will barely feed what my future plans are for the truck unless I go straight hybrids. What happened to all the places making stage 2 hpops?
Depends on what injector. I know 100% certain that the MB holds 250/100's fine. I cant for absolute say with 200% nozzles though. Not sure how big you want to go though, or anything bigger. Only the SRP 1.1 has been proven to hold 300cc injectors.

Tuning and better injector building have been able to help out alot to use stock or slightly bigger HPOPs.

#117,943 ·
I found a 96 F350 Dually 4x4 with only 205k on it I might buy. Guy is asking 5500. It looks super clean and has the Alcoas on it.

#117,944 ·
Depends on what injector. I know 100% certain that the MB holds 250/100's fine. I cant for absolute say with 200% nozzles though. Not sure how big you want to go though, or anything bigger. Only the SRP 1.1 has been proven to hold 300cc injectors.

Tuning and better injector building have been able to help out alot to use stock or slightly bigger HPOPs.
Trying to do some research on the HB but information looks pretty limited. There is a Huney Badger and a Jr. version. Am I getting this right, the regular HB pump is the little one and the HB Jr is the performance one? What are the specs on the Jr? What's this info on HB being able to rebuild a SRP 1.1?

Yes I am looking to go 250/200 in the next 2 years.

#117,945 ·
There is the HB Jr and HB Sr. The Sr was never released and doubt it ever will be. Too many issues. What they are doing though, is taking a Stealth SRP, fixing them and then reselling it as a HB Sr. At least from what I have read.

I have a 20* pump that I have in testing and its going to stay in testing for awhile longer before Im comfortable selling it. I want to get lots of hours logged on the test stand at full operating pressure. This will be able to support 250/200's for sure. The 17* pump can support them now, but only with good tuning with quality built injectors that dont need alot of PW to require a lot of HPO to run them.

#117,946 · (Edited)
Curious to know what issues the SR pump has had. I have not heard or read of one. I don't think there are that many out there. I have been running one for 4 months now on my daily driver without any sign of trouble so far (knock on wood) The SR pump was delayed over 2 years due to additional R&D work as the earlier versions had reliability concerns. They have been transforming the SRP to SRs first and then they were planning to release the SR down the road. Only way to get a SR is send them a good SRP1.1 and few hundred. What are they doing to fix the SRP pumps I have not a clue as they will not leak proprietary information just like most shops but I took a gamble due to a low price.

My SR is supplying my DIY B code 350/200 injectors. I have the tuning quite detuned as I have no electric pump, studs or springs etc...
Wish I had some better logs this was lugging along @1000 rpm and quickly flogging it to test pump response. Keep in mind that a B code has a larger intersifier piston than a A code (hybrid) injector body.

The 20° MB does seem like another good choice and customer service is there. The Gen 3 is highly capable but one downside to gear pumps is oil shear. For a toy a Gen3 pump would be great but for a daily driver I'm not sure it's recommended. Twin Terms are expensive. I think BTS is no longer making the twin stacks?

#117,948 ·
#117,949 · (Edited)
If you dug into the current SR pump I am sure the dimensions are slightly different. One of the issues was the cylinder block cracking due to the large piston bore design. SRP cylinder blocks were too thin and cracking plus the seal blow out issues. There is no repairing that without making a change to cylinder block design. DP has a video of some of the upgrades that they do to their pumps on their FB. Including stronger spiral locks and machining to lock the swash plate in place and ball bearings that are designed for high tempature and submergment along with a longer unserviceable plug. I hope mine holds up I went with them for a good deal and could not find any negative comments about their pumps. When I am up a logging road an hour or so the last thing I want is a pump failure.
The SRP1.1 was a beast of a pump when they were not blowing seals and self destructing. Last I heard Stealth was restructuring but I have not heard anything in the last couple of years as to if they will ever come back.

#117,950 ·
#117,951 ·
#117,952 ·
#117,953 ·
#117,954 ·
😍 twin pumps....

#117,956 ·
#117,957 ·
Any reason for the trip Terry or just go walk about?

Oh and pretty soon we are going to have to change the title of this thread from "OBS Chat" to "Philslist" :hehe:

Reactions: Phillipjon
#117,958 ·
Phil's local craiglist is a gold mine! Anything OBS parts around me is ragged junk.

#117,959 · (Edited)
Any reason for the trip Terry or just go walk about?

Oh and pretty soon we are going to have to change the title of this thread from "OBS Chat" to "Philslist" :hehe:
wife had a triathlon she placed third in her age group, ran a 4:50:xx. and i delivered a seat to Mick. it was also good to get out of town for a weekend

haha yeah

Phil's local craiglist is a gold mine! Anything OBS parts around me is ragged junk.
GOLD is the key word. they price it as if it were

spent sometime yesterday working on the 00 dump. dad said it wouldn't start, it would crank batteries were weak, it was on charge. i fooled with it quickly before i had an appointment, nothing. dragged it to the shop, hooked up my scanner, turned on the radio hit the key everything turned off. i asked dad if he had any good batteries laying around, he had the 2 from the boat they would fit and work, but the hood wouldn't close, put them in hit the key started right up. dad was incredulous, he thought it was turning over fine before. the batteries were 9 NINE, years old. i think that's pretty good. so we talked about getting new batteries, but he didn't want to put new batteries in a truck that he wants to sell, so he decided he would use the ones from his 96, popped the hood and there was a large nest on the top of the motor, who knows how long it had been there, he had used it earlier that day for the first time in 4 weeks (maybe the nest had been there longer), luckily it didn't catch fire it was all around the turbo, DP, fuel bowl (fuel bowl leaks slightly), but it was mostly fiberglass insulation. cleaned it all out found 3 chewed wires. 2 for the EBPV and one for the GPs on the rear passenger side. fixed all those today and found the fuel leak. need to replace the vacuum sensor on the bowl tomorrow.

#117,960 ·
Does anyone know if the ICP sensor for the new and old body style 7.3's are interchangeable?
Also, has anyone ever bought an ICP that seemed to not work?
thanks for any answers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.