Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
9M views 119K replies 682 participants last post by  wuntunearlybko 
#1 ·
Hey guys I figured us OBS guys could have a little chat thread where we can just talk about modding the trucks and anything else with our trucks, what numbers we are making, any questions, etc. and just kind of BS

and so Nick will stop derailing my thread. LOL just kiddin man

So lets chat!

#117,921 ·
Wrong ones John

#117,922 ·
Five hours is a long way to drive to find out your tired old 7.3 is making even less than what the sticker on the valve cover says, just like mine :hehe:

Sorry Kaleb, I've never had anything to do with a Dyno other than the one I sit on and the tractor PTO kind so I don't have anything useful for ya lol.

Returned the clutch without issue and tilled another few hours yesterday without issue. Looks like the cure for a burnt electrical clutch is to let is sit out in the cold over a Canadian winter :dunno:
I know there is a place here that does a dyno day. They run your truck, not you. I don't like the idea of a stranger beating the piss out of my rig.

I wish a cold winter would fix my busted cubby transmission. :sofa: Too bad it won't, I'll just have to get off my butt and pull some wrenches.
I came across a set of these. They're too much of a novelty to pass up. The passenger side glass is decent but the driver mirror glass is trashed.

You're a lucky donkey.

#117,923 ·
#117,924 ·
I'd really be lucky if I could figure out a good way to recreate the mirror glass. Such a terrible flaw in such a neat part.
Yeah, that is the problem. Internet lore suggests the signal mirror use the same glass as stock mirrors, but it isn't so. The signal mirror glass uses a thinner silvering than the stock glass. A stock mirror glass won't let the signal shine through.

I nearly have a set of these built using the signal pieces from an older Expedition, but of course I need to find the mirror glass to complete the project.

#117,925 ·
can you thin the backing? or get a glass shop to lay on a different backing?

i'm off to meet the wizard or at least mick @LowFlying7Three

#117,926 ·
The silvering is on the front (outer) face of the glass. Any attempt to thin it results in scratches. Not sure if a glass shop could help.

#117,928 ·
Afternoon gents, what's the skinny on hpops these days. My SRP is going out and I need a replacement before it dies. Stealth doesn't seem to have a website anymore. Neither does Terminator Engineering. I can buy their products through venders but not through them anymore. Looking at an Adrenaline right now but it will barely feed what my future plans are for the truck unless I go straight hybrids. What happened to all the places making stage 2 hpops?

#117,929 ·
Depends on your budget. I've been told RiffRaff has the best that'll feed anything you throw at it. Just looked on the site, may not be RiffRaff.
I've been looking at the mb diesel ones. Can contact cncfab.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

#117,930 ·
Sadly Matt, it may be a sign of the times. The 7.3 is 13-21 years old. We are a dying breed. Most of our trucks have been just worked to death in stock form. Other people just take the easy route and swap something in like a Cummins.

I am interested to know what is still out there too. I will be doing a 17* pump backed up by a gear pump for my project truck. Scored a couple of the IH HPOP resi's long ago to make it possible.

#117,931 ·
Reactions: Corey@CNCFAB
#117,932 ·
#117,933 ·
#117,934 ·

Find a HPOP resi/PS pump gear from a T444E and get a hydraulic pump. Gen3 for a fraction of the price.

#117,935 ·
#117,936 · (Edited)
If you find a used SRP1.1 on the cheap (they are out there) and then ship it off to DynoProven they can transform it into a Honey Badger SR for a few hundred. I have been running one and it's keeping some B code injectors happy.

#117,937 ·
I have a SRP1.1 will do this as a backup but Want a pump sooner. Thanks guys.

#117,939 ·
I can have the SRP gone through and fixed. I wouldn't send anything to DP. We've come across worse collateral damage of their pumps than Stealth. Just nobody is willing to post the comments for fear of getting flamed by the natives.
I think I fixed it...

It's sad that our trucks are fading away. I hate calling Ford and having that parts guys snort in derision and tell me they haven't made that part for years.

The 7.3 and the loyalty it created kept Ford trucks in business during the nearly ten years of embarrassing disaster that followed it. They should show it a little respect.

#117,940 ·
I think I fixed it...

It's sad that our trucks are fading away. I hate calling Ford and having that parts guys snort in derision and tell me they haven't made that part for years.

The 7.3 and the loyalty it created kept Ford trucks in business during the nearly ten years of embarrassing disaster that followed it. They should show it a little respect.
Not here. The ole 7.3's have quite a following. Even alot of the local hotshot drivers go back to them with mild injectors due to the emissions crap on the new trucks. Just as much power and add a larger trans cooler and off they go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.