Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
9M views 119K replies 682 participants last post by  wuntunearlybko 
#1 ·
Hey guys I figured us OBS guys could have a little chat thread where we can just talk about modding the trucks and anything else with our trucks, what numbers we are making, any questions, etc. and just kind of BS

and so Nick will stop derailing my thread. LOL just kiddin man

So lets chat!

#117,282 ·
I ended up ordering a set of SD bolts from that were takeoffs from a new SD. The speed clips are definitely nice. The torx head should be fine. It should beat the oval shaped junk they used on our trucks. Hopefully they work out for me.

I decided to pull the bed off after I had my fuel bowl and lift pump issues. I found an alarming amount of dirt in my fuel bowl. I believe that dirt was what trashed my fuel pump. So wanted to drop the tanks and clean them out. The truck also needs a new pinion seal, and the shackle/spring bushing are shot. So I figured I might as well take the bed off and knock everything out. It will also give me a chance to clean and paint the frame.

I'm also looking to replace the rear pair of cab mounts. Any downside to doing just the rear mounts for now while the bed is off?

Where I'm at after last night..

Looks like your knee deep into that one lol

I don't see any downsides to doing just the rear mounts.

#117,283 ·
May as well do the back cab mounts now. I know on the SC trucks, not sure on CC, the driver's mount is next to the fuel tank, making access a b!^@&, meaning the tank should be out to do the mount. (Which is why 5/6 of my cab mounts have been replaced, haven't pulled the tank out.)

#117,284 ·
May as well do the back cab mounts now. I know on the SC trucks, not sure on CC, the driver's mount is next to the fuel tank, making access a b!^@&, meaning the tank should be out to do the mount. (Which is why 5/6 of my cab mounts have been replaced, haven't pulled the tank out.)
The Long bed's don't have the mount issue. Just the short beds lol

#117,285 ·
#117,287 ·
LOL yes. I love the look of the short beds, but the impracticality has me not owning one that id use to haul stuff with.
I've always *****ed about the short beds for the same reason and never owned a short bed. But in recent years I've been wanting a CC SB super duty. Nice to drive in comfort with family and friends. I can't bring my self to go back to a car, so guess I'm going to have to ad another truck to my expanding collection, (and dreams) :rofl:

#117,289 ·
Yea, I LOVE yours! Especially that dump truck. I was following along on your build but then my busy good weather season kicked in. That's a sweet "ride"!

#117,293 ·
I hope y'all had an enjoyable Christmas holiday!

Anyone here have an 08+ SD diff cover? Is it worth getting? Does Ford use a gasket in the groove of the the cover or RTV?

#117,294 ·
I've used them. Seals with RTV. Also need 5/16x1-1/4" bolts since the cover is thicker.

#117,295 ·
I hope y'all had an enjoyable Christmas holiday!

Anyone here have an 08+ SD diff cover? Is it worth getting? Does Ford use a gasket in the groove of the the cover or RTV?
i have one. i needed a new one so why not. i used RTV. and longer stainless bolts 1 1/4". is it worth it? my truck has more bling., so eh?

#117,297 ·
So, if 120 in/lbs = 10 ft/lbs why are in/lbs required (injectors)? Accuracy?
I don't have an in/lbs torque wrench.

Also, I'm close enough to an oil change. Is there any reason I shouldn't change it before firing the new injectors?

#117,298 ·
It is in in/lbs for accuracy. Very few ft/lb torque wrench's go as low as 10 ft/lbs. Changing the oil before firing it up would be a good ideal that way you will get any fuel that ran down past the piston rings when you pulled the injectors out of the oil system.

#117,299 ·
i just bought my first 1/4" drive torque wrench...it's so darn cute!
but after nearly breaking off my oil diverter jet bolts with a 3/8" torque set on low......had to step up.

i'm a newton meter man!

TOOK 50 years but finally this year have 3 sizes!
1/4"
3/8"
1/2" nice for 212 ft-lbs! ...2544 inch pounds ......

#117,300 ·
I'll raise you with a 3/4 torque wrench that goes to 600 ft/lbs plus a 4-1 torque multiplier for the really big stuff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.