Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner
9M views 119K replies 682 participants last post by  wuntunearlybko 
#1 ·
Hey guys I figured us OBS guys could have a little chat thread where we can just talk about modding the trucks and anything else with our trucks, what numbers we are making, any questions, etc. and just kind of BS

and so Nick will stop derailing my thread. LOL just kiddin man

So lets chat!

#118,822 ·
We run a ZF6 in our 1500hp pull truck. The ZF6 can handle it.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
That's great to know. I was thinking it wouldn't handle the low power band of the inline 6. I actually read about that somewhere recently. This project truck is a reg cab 1 ton SRW. It was also my plow truck. I prefer plowing in a reg cab and that brings me back to the automatic. Dollar for dollar, I'd rather have the ZF6 I love to shift. May have to put plowing duty on my '02 SC long bed. I've been grabbing upgraded parts from your shop recently for the 02. She's showing her age at 185k.

Your post has got my gears spinning again!

#118,823 ·
That's great to know. I was thinking it wouldn't handle the low power band of the inline 6. I actually read about that somewhere recently. This project truck is a reg cab 1 ton SRW. It was also my plow truck. I prefer plowing in a reg cab and that brings me back to the automatic. Dollar for dollar, I'd rather have the ZF6 I love to shift. May have to put plowing duty on my '02 SC long bed. I've been grabbing upgraded parts from your shop recently for the 02. She's showing her age at 185k.

Your post has got my gears spinning again!
Especially since a regular cab. They don't weigh near as much as a crew cab long bed, so it's less strain to get you rolling from a stop.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

#118,824 ·
Anyone know what I need in lift to fit 37s? Never had a lifted truck before. Wondering how many inches to look for and recommendations on who. Skyjacker, Superlift, etc.
I'd like to go with 37s. Seems to be a good fit without getting to big of a tire. Truck will be a daily driver ...... when I choose to.

#118,826 ·
#118,827 ·
I have 35s with 6" of lift. 37s would easily fit
Thanks .....
6'' fits the bill. I didn't want to go taller for sure. I'm not big on body lifts, but I've been planning on an inch. Just for a little engine/trans clearance.

What lift did you go with?

#118,828 ·
Thanks .....
6'' fits the bill. I didn't want to go taller for sure. I'm not big on body lifts, but I've been planning on an inch. Just for a little engine/trans clearance.
What lift did you go with?
I honestly don't know what the manufacture of my kit is but they are definitely high quality springs. I removed it from a truck I previously owned. I made the rear blocks. Last year we installed a superlift Kit (IIRC) on my sons truck. Instructions called for stacking rear blocks plus a rear added spring. We are about to replace the blocks with one piece blocks and remove the extra spring

Reactions: 96coal449
#118,831 ·
Anyone know what I need in lift to fit 37s? Never had a lifted truck before. Wondering how many inches to look for and recommendations on who. Skyjacker, Superlift, etc.
I'd like to go with 37s. Seems to be a good fit without getting to big of a tire. Truck will be a daily driver ...... when I choose to.
i ran 37's for a short while with nothing more than a RSK in the front and some ranch hand bumpers. i had minimal rubbing at full lock. if interested i will see if i can dig out the pic's

#118,833 ·
I guess that would depend on how the particular efuel system was set up. The switch controls the transfer valve which switches the feed and return lines between the tanks and also switches the level sending units. Most of the time the efuel would be on the "engine side" of the transfer valve and wouldn't have issues with switching on the fly. Cheers!

Reactions: FreedomChaser77
#118,834 ·
I have a question about the inner door panels for my Econoline OBS, mine is a '95 E-350 and they need replacing, what years can I get to fit my doors?
I am about done with the mechanical rebuilding on my truck and now I want to do the creature comforts, new seats, carpet etc, the door panels are all busted up and held together with screws that don't belong. I have to replace the windshield and thinking about repainting the dash cover when the windshield is out so I could change color of that work-truck grey, lets just say my options are open. I need to start with the door panels, whats available?
Thanks, Oj

#118,836 ·
To answer my own question, in case anybody else is wondering, our OBS is the 4th Generation, from '92 thru 2007 then a 'facelift' and good thru 2014. It suggests any door panel from '92 to 2014 will fit. Anybody know different?
no not quite, the OBS generation is 92-97, after 97 the whole body changed to the superduty style. there was no 98 F350 and only 98 F250 HD with the styling of the F150.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.