OBS chat - Page 8621 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree151Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2012, 10:49 AM
...kind of looks homeless

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by STROKED_NY_023 View Post
For your airbag check with dadalzinger (spelling?? Check my profile page he's on my friends list) he usually has a crap load of SD parts. Also an airbag from an F150 will work as well, 97-03 I believe. I can get a clock spring for you cheap if you can't find one. Hit up Garrett on the wiring.

Bumpers are the same width according to JJ. Just have to weld up some brackets...

Sent from my Galaxy S2 while my wife is yelling at me for being on my phone...
Awesome! Thanks bud. I'll check with those guys. And I have a bead on a clock spring, but if that falls through I'll let you know. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Can you hear the derail??

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
ok, got my computer fixed and have broken and or lost 3 cell phones since last i was on, definatly not going to read back 4 months worth of pages either, but in recent news smashed my thumb at work putting pins in trench shoring boxes this morning, hurts like hell

truck currently has no new mods recently that i can think of other than intercooled, afe intake and filter, and well full 4"in exhaust with RBP powder coated black 5" tip, that was all $200 installed, btw i have got 5 trucks now but dont have enough space in my sig for them all. newest being a 1962 f350 cab and chassis dually with a 4 speed, gonna throw an idi in it with an ats turbo
Old 11-21-2012, 12:26 PM
Hee Hee, he's doing it...

KRIS!!!! YOU LIVE!

And what the hell happened to the forum?

Last edited by BigFuel; 11-21-2012 at 12:29 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:39 PM
Interior Guru

Sounds like you have browser issues!

Good to see your back online Kris!

Got the brakes on the flatbed working. Two new rear calipers, a new brake line, and a good bleeding.

Put some seafoam in the oil to see if it cleans up any. Gonna change it again soon.

Also picked up 10 Gallons of NEW 15-40 Oil for 100 bucks
Old 11-21-2012, 12:44 PM

whats been going on with your truck garrett? why seafoam? and wuts going on matt, how ya been?

garrett all i do now is work around excavators now just reminded of ya lol, what do you normally operate?
Old 11-21-2012, 12:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

wow he's alive
Old 11-21-2012, 01:01 PM

lol, anyone know if i need a drop trac bar baracket/adjustible trac bar if i am not using a drop pitman arm on a 4 inch lift? figured i would run it on 37's toyo open country M/T's when its all said and done
Old 11-21-2012, 01:05 PM

To the best of my recon, one does not have anything to do with the other. Dropping both is ideal as the greater the angle the more effort is needed to make a change. Dropped pitman for steering and track bar for locating the live axle.

And then there is bump steer . . .

Last edited by BigFuel; 11-21-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 01:24 PM

thats why i was hopping to not have to drop either but then at the same time the axle would pull more to the drivers side but in the end i know i want to keep the trac bar and radius arm (??) parallel to keep bump steer eliminated, just wanted to know if at 4"s would they be parallel still, or would i need to add length to the trac bar or would i need to lower its mounting point? i still wanna tow my goose neck with it but i want it to act civilized on the highway, btw i have never experienced bump steer because my trac bar has always been perfectly level, but i wanna use my f250 driveshaft still lol
Old 11-21-2012, 01:28 PM

I installed a 6" (i know not quite the same thing) on a SD a couple months ago and it came with the dropped mount for the track bar. You can make your own adjustable set-up. The SDs (I don't know the OBS 4x4 systems too well) track bar is bent and not straight. this way it looses altitude quickly and 7/8th of the remaining track bar is parallel to the axle.

[EDIT] I think (Canada) JJ just made one for himself after a recent lift.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1994-1997, 6.0's suck, awesomeness, chooo chooo crash, derail gods, derail what?, facebook for men, garrets home land, multi-quote what?, no snapperheads, obs, old body style, old but sexy, old but slow, old but superior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.