LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 118559 Old 12-03-2008, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
a truck

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxPSD9673 View Post
looks like ill have to pick that issue up!!! anyways like i said after that the injectors will be going in and then right after will be the clutch! now my question is guys, SHOULD I GO WITH A SOUTHBEND OR A VALAIR???????? im on the wall on this one
Well I know that southbend has a great clutch and great customer service my friend bought one for his truck but wanted a different pressure plate and the owner of southbend had him bring it to their plant and swapped them for free and gave a tour of the plant and some free goodiess!

03 king ranch w/ a cummins
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 118559 Old 12-03-2008, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowmasters40 View Post
are yall familiar with the aurora 5000?? they only make them for dodges? well my buddy just put one on his powerstroke and it is out of control
Im not very familiar with them but I tend to avoid ATS just becuase they are very pricey

post #23 of 118559 Old 12-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95dieselsmoke View Post
I understand the nozzle is bigger, but if they both flow the same, how is one more powerful than the other?
The smaller nozzle on the 1's dont let the fuel hit as quickly and dont get as much fuel out of the injector.

Jim from Rosewood explained it as, they are both able to flow 160 cc of fuel in the injectors, but the 1's cant get 160cc out of the nozzle.

Nick, BPS Historian
1995 F-250 4x4 7.3 Powerstroke
Isspro Gauges, Tony Wildman Tunes, PSGH Stage 1 Injectors, Early 99 Intercooler, ATS Stage 6 E4OD, TCI Tranny Cooler, Snow Water/Meth, Traction Bars, EBPV Brake, TC Lockup Switch, Spray-on Liner, K&N Intake w/ NAPA 6637 Filter, 3" downpipe, 5" mitre stacks.
Waiting to be installed: Electric fuel with A1000 pump and Stealth DIY Dual HPOPs

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 118559 Old 12-03-2008, 04:06 PM

Send a message via AIM to Cory S
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSD0389 View Post
Well I know that southbend has a great clutch and great customer service my friend bought one for his truck but wanted a different pressure plate and the owner of southbend had him bring it to their plant and swapped them for free and gave a tour of the plant and some free goodiess!
i went with the valior or how ever you spell it because it was a little cheaper and just as good

Vegistrokin
2000 XC 4x4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-CORY
Orlando, FL
post #25 of 118559 Old 12-03-2008, 04:07 PM Thread Starter
a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowmasters40 View Post
i went with the valior or how ever you spell it because it was a little cheaper and just as good
yeah I know you will be getting a great clutch with either company

post #26 of 118559 Old 12-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
thanks for the info on stage II's. may have to get them instead.

MATT

Now featuring a 6.4 fat bottum 6 speed

95 f250--238k and counting

RDS stage I's-TW live tuned-Dana 60 swap-9" lift/40x13.5x20 ProComps-ZF5 swap/short throw/South Bend CON OFE-Iron Bull front-AFE CAI-SD innercooler-Fab Tech traction bars-MBRP DP/6" black miters-Autometer boost/pyro

"If you dont have ambition and big dreams, you end up working hard for someone who does"
post #27 of 118559 Old 12-03-2008, 04:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to Cory S
yea i am very happy with my clutch and solid flywheel! solid flywheel is a must

Vegistrokin
2000 XC 4x4

-CORY
Orlando, FL
post #28 of 118559 Old 12-03-2008, 04:08 PM

cool! see some of the guys like raul praise valair but ALOT of the 7.3 guys WORSHIP southbend so i think ill just play it safe and go with southbend. btw weve come to the conclusion that my shutter problem is due to my dual flywheel chattering to no end and is on the verge of bein shot. so im also on the wall on which one to do first, clutch or injectors...

NEW TRUCK
-Dakotah 2000 Patriot Blue Dodge 2500 Auto 24v Cummins 4x4 578HP/991TQ
7" Black Cat, BHAF, FASS 150, Built Trans, BW 66/74/14, DDP 7x12s, ARP Studs, TST COMP, EJWA CTS,
3'' Lift, 35'' BFGs, 16x9 Black Moto Metals, Smoked Out LEDs, 6k HIDs, Ranch Hands, ect.
post #29 of 118559 Old 12-03-2008, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95dieselsmoke View Post
thanks for the info on stage II's. may have to get them instead.

yeah Im kind of wishing I did too but I couldnt afford the 885 for them hopefully though when i upgrade Ill just be able to get new nozzles put on mine

post #30 of 118559 Old 12-03-2008, 04:10 PM Thread Starter
a truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxPSD9673 View Post
cool! see some of the guys like raul praise valair but ALOT of the 7.3 guys WORSHIP southbend so i think ill just play it safe and go with southbend. btw weve come to the conclusion that my shutter problem is due to my dual flywheel chattering to no end and is on the verge of bein shot. so im also on the wall on which one to do first, clutch or injectors...
I honestly think I would do the clutch first

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
1994-1997 , 6.0's suck , awesomeness , chooo chooo crash , derail gods , derail what? , facebook for men , garrets home land , multi-quote what? , no snapperheads , obs , old body style , old but sexy , old but slow , old but superior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode