Found another heavy duty GPR with universal mounting capabilities$25 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 12:15 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Found another heavy duty GPR with universal mounting capabilities$25

Not quite as beefy as the Stancor/ Allied/ white Rodgers but I think its a much better unit than the Napa, Int, Ford units.

Story is, I bought a 4 post under hood solenoid for my fisher mm last year. It was very well made and heavy, much heavier than the one that was installed in the truck when I bought it and I paid $25 retail for it. After researching I see that the majority of the OE and aftermarket solenoids are all 12v continuous and 100amp except for the Stancor / white Rodgers / Allied that everyone seems to like.

I went back to the place I bought the under hood solenoid for my plow last year and got it to try out as a replacement GPR. I went to the web site Trombetta Motion Technologies and found the link to the PDF on their Continuous Duty PowerSeal http://www.trombetta.com/cm/pdfs/TRP...t-pwr-seal.pdf. It is a totally sealed unit specifically made for high amperage - The one I picked up is a 684-1221-012. It's a flat bracket the 5th number of the part number indicates that (you can see that if your viewing the PDF) it didn’t state the amperage so I called Trombetta and was connected with a gentleman that told me it was good for 150amps.

You can also get them in 15 volts, he told me it takes 9 volts to trigger it so there shouldn’t be a problem. You can also order them in different bracket configurations, you can see on the PDF that if you follow the numbers I posted it's basically a code for each spec of the solenoid or solenoid you need. So a 684-1541-012 would be a PowerSeal (6) non grounded (8) standard powerseal (4) coil voltage (15) bracket type (4) bracket location (1) duty cycle (0) Contact material (1) sealing (2)

So here is a 12 or 15 volt/150 amp continuous, completely sealed, heavy duty well made solenoid that is available in different bracket configurations (which really shouldn’t be an issue, it takes 10 mins to make a custom bracket to adapt to the existing one for your particular mounting location) that retails for $25 or so.... you cant order them from Trombetta, but distributors sell them in cases of 36 so maybe we can get them cheaper if enough people come together to order a case or more from one of their listed distributors.

I found them online when I searched the part number also - I installed it today in my truck. Just another option I wanted to pass on to everyone.

Bracket I made to adapt to the solenoid i bought

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2008, 04:02 AM
Let's go B's!!!!

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Hey good deal bud! There surly isn't only one solution to every problem! I can understand wanting to get it done the same day. My truck was not very happy with me when I had to wait for my Stancor/White-Rogers unit in the mail for a few days.

Got any pics of it in the truck?

Let us know how it works for you. This is a good time of year for a group buy on those. Where did you actually buy yours...you got only one?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.