More Engine Room - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2008, 10:19 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
More Engine Room

So how can I get more engine room behind and above the turbo? can I move lines to get acouple more inches of room behind and above the turbo

In this picture here he has considerably more room than I do same body and turbo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2008, 11:23 PM

Old 11-07-2008, 10:42 PM

Old 11-08-2008, 03:32 AM

That looks like Jim Rose's truck. PM DZL_JIM and ask him what he did differently. That was one of his set-ups for twin turbos i think back when...
Old 11-08-2008, 03:48 AM
Ole White

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSDfan99 View Post
That looks like Jim Rose's truck. PM DZL_JIM and ask him what he did differently. That was one of his set-ups for twin turbos i think back when...
I was thinking the same thing talk with Jim he can point you in the right direction
Old 11-08-2008, 03:23 PM

3" Body Lift!!
Old 11-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Emergency Services

Send a message via AIM to cchase
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZL JIM View Post
3" Body Lift!!
thats what i was thinking, but your the pro!
Old 11-08-2008, 11:20 PM

haha thanks fellas
Old 11-09-2008, 03:33 AM

There are many opinions out there about body lifts, but you know what they say about opinions.

The body lift was really easy to install, except for maybe some Northern Ohio Winter Gold dust coated bolts. But it was straight forward. You just have to buy the gasser Kit (they don't offer them for diesels), then cut off the bottom of the fan shroud. I also had to heat and bend the 4x4 shift lever. That's about the trickiest thing to do. To date, it's still a pain to get it in and out of 4x4 as easily as before the lift, but it works.

I wouldn't recommend a body lift for anyone using their truck to haul heavy stuff in the bed. There are not enough poly spacers for every rib, and I wouldn't trust them to be stable with a load in the bed anyway. Looks like they could tip over if stressed. I quit hauling with the truck back when I did the lift, but if I ever need to haul with it, I'd seriously make some better 3" blocks than the ones provided. Like some 3" channel run parrallel on top of the frame rails with channel welded across to the other side, like a complete framework for the bed to sit on.

Otherwise I think the lift was one of the best mods I've done to the truck. Makes for lots of room to work on things, but does make it a pain to pull the motor. That extra 3" to raise a 1100# motor is a bit of a pain, but oh well...
Old 11-09-2008, 08:20 AM
Shade tree mechanic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DZL JIM View Post
There are many opinions out there about body lifts, but you know what they say about opinions.

The body lift was really easy to install, except for maybe some Northern Ohio Winter Gold dust coated bolts. But it was straight forward. You just have to buy the gasser Kit (they don't offer them for diesels), then cut off the bottom of the fan shroud. I also had to heat and bend the 4x4 shift lever. That's about the trickiest thing to do. To date, it's still a pain to get it in and out of 4x4 as easily as before the lift, but it works.

I wouldn't recommend a body lift for anyone using their truck to haul heavy stuff in the bed. There are not enough poly spacers for every rib, and I wouldn't trust them to be stable with a load in the bed anyway. Looks like they could tip over if stressed. I quit hauling with the truck back when I did the lift, but if I ever need to haul with it, I'd seriously make some better 3" blocks than the ones provided. Like some 3" channel run parrallel on top of the frame rails with channel welded across to the other side, like a complete framework for the bed to sit on.

Otherwise I think the lift was one of the best mods I've done to the truck. Makes for lots of room to work on things, but does make it a pain to pull the motor. That extra 3" to raise a 1100# motor is a bit of a pain, but oh well...
i agree, when i bought my truck back in 2000 it had a body lift already installed. no problems in the 8+ years i have owned it. i have also heard they are a bad idea if you tow/haul? which is wierd, because i am constantly hooked to a trailer and have had zero problems. and like jim said, it makes for more room to get around stuff in the engine bay. a few of the things that i noticed were easier to do repair/mod wise were taking off the valve covers to get to the glow plugs. the other thing that seemed to be easier to do than other people have stated was my DP, this went in with ease and very little bashing of the firewall. other than that i am able to run 35's without rubbing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.