Gadgets.... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 07:58 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gadgets....

I was looking at "chips" on Google and came up with this eBay Store - Powerstroke ford diesel performance chip module F250 F350:. They have a comparatively inexpensive gadget they call a chip but I wondered if it was just an ICP resistor alternative. I'm thinking a pot used to control the injection pressure not a real chip.

Does anyone have any experience with this thing? I did a few searches but didn't find any references to it.

Thinking about ordering one just to find out if it works. The guy seems to have pretty good responses.

Slam
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2008, 08:04 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to SteveKran Send a message via Yahoo to SteveKran
If it sounds too good to be true, it usually is. I would recommend sticking with the more well known tuners if you want to put a chip on your truck. Check out DP Tuner and Tony Wildman....most people will agree they are the two best tuners out there for the 7.3L
Old 10-29-2008, 08:11 PM

Steve,

Love the boat! Truck isn't bad either

I agree. Just wondering if the theory holds up. We have a Class A diesel pusher with a Cummins 24V pusher and I chipped it. Huge difference in performance and a 2 mpg gain, up to almost 14 mpg. Not bad for a 24,000 pound rig! It's a race to get my truck past that motorhome...

Gotta keep the wife happy you know.

Slam
Old 10-29-2008, 08:21 PM

You get what ya pay for

With that being said,
Go with a chip from Jody & Diane at DP Tuner, or from Tony Wildman(Total Diesel Performance). You wont be dissapointed
Old 10-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Almostdunfukinwidit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dave
Thats an adjustable 10k mod. Go with a real chip.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamaxe View Post
Steve,

Love the boat! Truck isn't bad either

I agree. Just wondering if the theory holds up. We have a Class A diesel pusher with a Cummins 24V pusher and I chipped it. Huge difference in performance and a 2 mpg gain, up to almost 14 mpg. Not bad for a 24,000 pound rig! It's a race to get my truck past that motorhome...

Gotta keep the wife happy you know.

Slam
Thanks, it's a 23' 2002 Key West 2300 Bluewater with a 225 Yamaha OX66 on the back. It's a GREAT fishing, cruising, partyin, chick magnet boat. Haha!

I would seriously recommend Jody (DP Tuner) OR Tony (Total Diesel Performance). Those guys are really the best tuners out there for your powerstroke

Do a search here on the forum or even search some other ford forums. You'll find those guys know their stuff and are the most recommended tuners in the world of 7.3L powerstrokes.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:55 PM

Roger that!

We run a Cobalt 220 but there's an older boat. styled like yours, tied up at our marina and it is just cool as it gets. I'll take a look at 'er next time we head down. Looks like maybe snow this weekend so I doubt I'll be going out.

Thanks for the tip on the chip and I'll be selecting one of them. I've order one of those things just to see what it does and then I can add a real chip to compare. Just curious... you know how it is.

Thanks

Slam
Old 10-29-2008, 11:20 PM
back in the saddle

You could have made one of your own (non adjustable though) for about $15.
Old 10-30-2008, 04:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamaxe View Post
Roger that!

We run a Cobalt 220 but there's an older boat. styled like yours, tied up at our marina and it is just cool as it gets. I'll take a look at 'er next time we head down. Looks like maybe snow this weekend so I doubt I'll be going out.

Thanks for the tip on the chip and I'll be selecting one of them. I've order one of those things just to see what it does and then I can add a real chip to compare. Just curious... you know how it is.

Thanks

Slam
Sounds like you got the money to spend....I recommend getting a set of gauges to go along with that chip. It's nice to know where the normal running temperatures of all your fluids are so if one increases all of a sudden, you can catch it before it's too late. The stock gauges on the truck for temperature/pressure are really just dummy gauges, they suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shu873 View Post
You could have made one of your own (non adjustable though) for about $15.

I believe he could of made his own for a lot cheaper than $15 if it's just a potentiometer (it would be adjustable). You can pick them up at any radio shack for around $2-3. Then you'd just have to figure out a way to mount it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.