Join Date: Dec 2007
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Ok, so to summarize the experts who have replied, and those from other threads, here are my understandings and intentions:
1) I believe that my auto locking hub is stuck in the locked position. I will verify tonight.
2) From researching a different thread, I need to back up at least 15 feet for an auto lock hub to be released. I am going to try that first.
3) If it does not unlock, supposedly it is OK to drive on pavement at highway speeds with locked hubs as long as I am not in 4hi or 4lo. (per bigcountrysg on another post)
4) Therefore, if #3 is true, I really do not have to "repair" my issue.
5) If I DO move forward with fixing this problem, I would install manual hubs. From calling autoparts stores, I am told I need a conversion kit since my truck has auto locking hubs. Anyone done this conversion on their trucks? If so, do you have any hints/recommendations?
Thanks to all for your help!!!!!